See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Gordon Count

Someone knows what is the BC, PE and IC for this count? I read somewhere that BC is .98 and PE .922, is that correct? It attracks my attention that is not on the Card Counting Strategy Summary. Perhaps Norm can explain that too

Rudy.

Probably because most people never develop the skill necessary to use the count.

You are totally right Tthree (I know a guy...) But why there is not much info about it? .922 PE? that is huge...

OMG...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I know one two but he does an even better use of the info gathered.

Would be awesome to be near of you guys...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Someone knows what is the BC, PE and IC for this count? I read somewhere that BC is .98 and PE .922, is that correct? It attracks my attention that is not on the Card Counting Strategy Summary. Perhaps Norm can explain that too

Rudy.
    Assuming only integer values, I get

BC: .987 by in one fashion or another constructing {-2,2,2,2,2,2,1,0,-1,-2} Can you side count four denominations?
    IC: 1.00 by constructing {1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,-1} Can you side count all five denominations?
    PE: .92 because Griffin says so. Can you side count all five denominations?

It has a high barrier to entry. It's terrible until you're maintaining at least a couple side counts. The Gordon Count on its own is miserable, and even with the necessary ace side count for any non-flat betting scenario, it's still pretty junky. You gotta get moving on those middle cards. So, most people don't use it because, until you're side-counting about three denominations, you haven't gained much of anything over a 'standard' system. And since you can take a standard system and make it more powerful by adding side counts later, it seems more reasonable to start with a firm, simple, strong, baseline count and go from there. Most people who actually go to the trouble to calculate the gain their complicated system achieves, wind up disappointed. Note the author of the linked article, a former JPL AI programmer and investigative AP if there ever was one, cheered its power specifically in deeply dealt single deck games. Although I imagine he dabbled in MP stuff, the author actually used Halves in pitch games.

But I have a soft rule against dissuading people from ambitious but quite possible feats of mental skill. I wish you well and would love to hear about your successful efforts.
    Last edited by First Normal Form; 09-18-2013 at 09:40 AM.

But I have a soft rule against dissuading people from ambitious but quite possible feats of mental skill. I wish you well and would love to hear about your successful efforts.[/QUOTE] Thanks FNF, Is not about to switch counts, actually I feel good with the Level 2 that I use right now, it was just a doubt, but it is always good to know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by First Normal Form View Post
    Can you side count all five denominations?
    There are a few out there that can. Gordon used 2 others to help with the task.

this count looks ridiculous, imagine the error rate? unless you are of course.....rainman

It just takes practice. Some people are more dedicated than others.

it seems unnecessary, personally a waste of time. you maswell memorise every card discarded if thats the case

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast