See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Update on my past two years of BJ play

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Update on my past two years of BJ play

Last year I won $8K for 125 hrs. of play. Big swing up early on, then losing all of my win plus some and taking the entire year to make a come-back.
    This year so far. Again won about $8K early on and then lost it all over a 3-mo time frame. I make a comeback to my $8K high point. Sort of a repeat of last year. Then something happens for the 1st 2-weeks of Sept. For 12 hrs. of play, I win $8.5K. It's one of the miracles that happens every so often. However, I'm under no illusions here. All this does is help make up for the long periods of break-even or losing sessions.

Summary;

Last year- $8K-125 hrs.
    This YTD- $16.5K-125 hrs.
    $24.5K/250 hrs. = $98/hr. This is somewhat above my ev, but I'll take it.
    If all things being equal, my usual win for high stakes play would have been 7 x this number for a respectable $172K. Well I can't keep looking through the rear view mirror. I'm still happy that I have the health and my mind to continue play.

George, just curious
    A. What is your top bet?
    B. Why have you dropped down in stakes so dramatically?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Regardless ,you are well respected for your contribution and expertise and experience.I love to hear the stories of the pros (from the golden bj era ) that still play today.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    I love to hear the stories of the pros (from the golden bj era ) that still play today.
    Well that's not me. I played through that era but if I were rating myself by what I knew then today I would characterize myself then as someone that learned just enough to lose a lot of money. But back then it was enough to make lots of money.
    Last edited by Three; 09-15-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Whats your minimum bet ?

Rather not get into bet sizing. Short version. I dropped my stakes because I have a good income from investments and social security.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWM View Post
    George, just curious
    A. What is your top bet?
    B. Why have you dropped down in stakes so dramatically?

Quote Originally Posted by George C View Post
    Rather not get into bet sizing. Short version. I dropped my stakes because I have a good income from investments and social security.
    A lot of people would consider that a sound reason to increase, not decrease stakes.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by WRX View Post
    A lot of people would consider that a sound reason to increase, not decrease stakes.
    Not at all! Supplementing an income, playing less , lower stakes, less stress, sounds exactly the place to be.

I dream of this, but it is so far off, I can barely see the tunnel, let alone the light at the end of it.