See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for Mr BJ75

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How high are you looking to bet? By spreads I assume you mean difference in minimum to max bet? Usually basic strategy works best if played at flat bet so that's what I do. But on occasion a shoe ends up losing more than winning so bump to next level and play basic strategy flat bet at higher level until get in positive overall. Then drop to minimum. It usually wins but is very time consuming and you don't need 500 max tables. Also if I get to high levels like the 6th unit and I get ahead I drop only one unit per hand until back min. And I never increase during a shoe. It keeps risk under control and I use basic strategy and fluctuation to get ahead. If the minimum is 5 I usually don't need to bet over 40 bucks but the splits and doubles help a lot in high rounds. But this isn't good for buying in at one or two hundred. I suggest at least a hundred times what your min wager is. Again it's time consuming

So you sit down, flat bet 1 unit for a shoe. If you end up behind, you will then flat bet 2 units for the next shoe. If you're still behind (overall, or just that shoe?), you flat bet 3 units. Etc. If you're ever ahead, then you revert back to flat-betting 1 unit?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr BJ75 View Post
    I apologize for making anyone feel like I'm a con. I'm the farthest thing from that.
    You are a conman, you just don't know it yet.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

I meant overall for that round not the shoe. Say I lose the fist shoe by winning 8 hands and losing 13. On a 5 min I lose 50. But the next shoe bet 10 by the end of shoe 2 I am Down 20 bucks overall I still increase to 15 but if I win the first 2 hands back to 10 bucks then lose at 10 I stay at ten but win the next hand I drop back to five. If I am positive at end of a shoe for entire round I drop to give. I hope that clears your question. I believe it works the best that can be done without counting.

I guess my math was wrong on the 1st shoe win say 5 and lose 15 to get to -50 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr BJ75 View Post
    You really disappointed me with this post. I never put down the counters like you did, and now you put me down and make some very large assumptions. All I ever did was show you support, and I not once asked you to invest. You need to go back and read again my friend. Thanks a lot!
    mrbj75. i mean offense to neither you nor counters. i respect counters for being hard working, clever and disciplined--i disagree with them about voodoo and do not like their dogmatism when encountered. i like you and you have now, at least, done the best you are going to regarding telling us what you do ie, you will not tell us as you want to protect it. for the record, i will choose to figure you NOT as a con but rather a commited voodoo-guy but be aware your "protect the secret" answer is the way a con would answer as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hardin county boy View Post
    do not like their dogmatism when encountered.
    APs are about the least dogmatic people you can find. There are methods of beating Roulette, Slots, Video Poker, Keno (on rare occasions), sports, the ponies, Pai Gow Poker, etc. But, to find them, you must first completely rid your mind of voodoo betting systems. It is the "system betters" that have been rutted in dogma for centuries.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Bank builder View Post
    How high are you looking to bet? By spreads I assume you mean difference in minimum to max bet? Usually basic strategy works best if played at flat bet so that's what I do. But on occasion a shoe ends up losing more than winning so bump to next level and play basic strategy flat bet at higher level until get in positive overall. Then drop to minimum. It usually wins but is very time consuming and you don't need 500 max tables. Also if I get to high levels like the 6th unit and I get ahead I drop only one unit per hand until back min. And I never increase during a shoe. It keeps risk under control and I use basic strategy and fluctuation to get ahead. If the minimum is 5 I usually don't need to bet over 40 bucks but the splits and doubles help a lot in high rounds. But this isn't good for buying in at one or two hundred. I suggest at least a hundred times what your min wager is. Again it's time consuming
    Yes BB, when I say spread, I am referring to min and max. I'm in and out after 3-4 wins unless I have a double or split in the mix, them it's possible I'm out even sooner.

Banned or Suspended

Bust this crapola.

Hope that continues to work for you
    Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bank builder View Post
    I meant overall for that round not the shoe. Say I lose the fist shoe by winning 8 hands and losing 13. On a 5 min I lose 50. But the next shoe bet 10 by the end of shoe 2 I am Down 20 bucks overall I still increase to 15 but if I win the first 2 hands back to 10 bucks then lose at 10 I stay at ten but win the next hand I drop back to five. If I am positive at end of a shoe for entire round I drop to give. I hope that clears your question. I believe it works the best that can be done without counting.
    hey BB please go to the "disadvantage stories" post # 10 and tell me what you think?--i like the concept of your approach just fine.

BB system is interesting but doesn't get an advantage. It is like "Oscars Grind" in a way. Trying not to up bets too much to get back ahead for a series of bets and start over. It is one of those watch the grass grow systems that will work for a long time but when it doesn't... The question is when do you cry uncle.

I agree that I don't have an advantage but I think it's the best without actually counting. It works for me and I do try to cut my losses at a point so I win more than lose. I am not a fan of oscars grind for it can get to very high risk with w, l . I do wonder how my system would do in a long term simulator.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast