See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help w/ Investors

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yes. Sometimes the "up-swings" lasting for months. KJ can talk you about his winning streaks. Psst... take the advice my friend.

Ok, ok.... Since everyone is so much smarter on here, what are y'all doing and how did you get a BR? I live in F'n TX.

BTW, counting cards is not difficult either. I'd like to know Rudy, what your calling a session?

"Session" in my vocabulary is everytime you visit a store. Nothing to do with a "trip".

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    "Session" in my vocabulary is everytime you visit a store. Nothing to do with a "trip".
    Ok, we'll I definitely can't argue with 23. I find that extremely impressive. How often do you go to a store and what is your usual BR?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr BJ75 View Post
    Ok, ok.... Since everyone is so much smarter on here, what are y'all doing and how did you get a BR? I live in F'n TX.
    I believe a vast majority on this site primarily count cards.

BR? I cannot speak for everyone, but I started by 1) saving what I could afford at the time and 2) playing with a small BR and re-sizing bets as I increased my BR from added savings or wins.

You're correct that counting cards is not difficult. However, doing it correctly, while staying under the radar, making the correct index plays, tracking your play, improving your game and ultimately concluding you're playing a good game can be challenging. You can have some amazing positive variance, but some begin to question their strategy after sharp negative variance. IMO, that is the hardest part of the game -- knowing you're playing a winning game and overcoming the emotional challenges associated with the swings.
    You don't score, until you SCORE!

Quote Originally Posted by blackjackomaha View Post
    I believe a vast majority on this site primarily count cards.

BR? I cannot speak for everyone, but I started by 1) saving what I could afford at the time and 2) playing with a small BR and re-sizing bets as I increased my BR from added savings or wins.

You're correct that counting cards is not difficult. However, doing it correctly, while staying under the radar, making the correct index plays, tracking your play, improving your game and ultimately concluding you're playing a good game can be challenging. You can have some amazing positive variance, but some begin to question their strategy after sharp negative variance. IMO, that is the hardest part of the game -- knowing you're playing a winning game and overcoming the emotional challenges associated with the swings.
    Understood. Poker is very similar. If you are a solid player, you have to handle the swings, adjust, and know you'll come out ahead in the long run.

There are things that can not be answered publicly. I don't have any problem with that because I'm not in the US. You can PM any member after 10 posts.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Formula; Cash Reserves = .1 of table minimum; prepartion = 30,000 hands practiced with counting formulas that you consider to best fit your game. Time investment = 1,000 hours experimenting and reviewing counting strategy. Then, 6 months of trial and error strategy.

Turning Pro? Add a zero to to the above formulas - then ask this question. The experts in any field will probably tell you they have 10k hours invested.

Mr BJ75, you can start with "BJ Resources" at the top of the page, then you will have doubts, go back then.

Moses, nice formula.

Banned or Suspended

Rudy may be alot of things. But I'd venture to guess a liar he is not. Yes. 23 straight sessions is amazing, almost unbelievable, and in a negative count?

He has found and thus mastered the count strategy that fits his personality. To the point he knows how to navigate through negative territory without giving into emotional temptation. Probably by memorizing and strictly adhere to the charts and not chasing bad streaks with dollars. Finally, I'd say he's smart enough to know when to walk away...and that's in the black.

Rudy am I close to being correct?

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Rudy may be alot of things. But I'd venture to guess a liar he is not. Yes. 23 straight sessions is amazing, almost unbelievable, and in a negative count?

He has found and thus mastered the count strategy that fits his personality. To the point he knows how to navigate through negative territory without giving into emotional temptation. Probably by memorizing and strictly adhere to the charts and not chasing bad streaks with dollars. Finally, I'd say he's smart enough to know when to walk away...and that's in the black.

Rudy am I close to being correct?
    Moses,

Obviously one of much experience, I'm curious what you think about the path I'm going down. I know it's not counting and you don't know the on's and out's, but can't you admit that 12 straight 10-40% wins within 12 hours is more than luck? Thank you

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast