Thread: hi/lo vs. c.o.b

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

hi/lo vs. c.o.b

what is the difference between useing hi/lo and c.o.b, besides hi/lo being a unbalanced count? and what count is the better choice to use?

Banned or Suspended

What the h*ll is "C.O.B." ?

Hi-Lo is NOT unbalanced ?

color of blackjack. it is based off of ko but their is a index for betting based off of how many decks have been played. and i missed posted i meant to say that ko/ c.o.b. is unbalanced

Learn to use Red 7 as opposed to either of these two, red 7 out performs COB and is in line with HILO and easier !

An unbalanced count with a fixed key count, outperforming an unbalanced count with a key count varying by depth? I doubt it. My sims doubt it. In my game, I'd have to spread 1-16 (optimally as per CVCX) with Red 7 to have about the same profit as my COB ramp spreading 1-12. Where do you get that Red 7 is better? What sims have you run? What game conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedevil686 View Post
    what is the difference between useing hi/lo and c.o.b, besides hi/lo being a unbalanced count? and what count is the better choice to use?
    The Hi-lo Count is a Balanced Count not Unbalanced Count. Balanced count system is defined as the equal balanced between positive value card and negative value cards. For example if the deck is counted to the end the sum of the cards will equal to zero.

When you said COB I am guessing you mean Color of Blackjack. The Color of blackjack is a techniques that is created to improve the strength of the KO Count system. KO Count system is an unbalanced count. Unbalanced count is a count system that have an imbalanced of positive and negative values. Usually for an unbalanced system it has one more positive value than negative value which makes the count unbalanced. An example of an unbalanced system is KO.

To answer your question which count is the better choice to use? I would use KO because there is the True Counted version and the running count version. Another reason why I would choose KO is because the PE,BC and IC in KO is higher than Hi-lo which means that if you play that system in True Count mode it will outperform the performance of the True Counted Hi-Lo Count.

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    Learn to use Red 7 as opposed to either of these two, red 7 out performs COB and is in line with HILO and easier !
    What make you say Red 7 outperforms COB? What are you basing this on? The performance of the Red 7 Count compare to the KO is very close.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 07-20-2013 at 10:50 AM.

I imagine the performance of depth-adjusted betting Red 7 is also close to COB, considering the concepts should transpose easily. But plain Red 7 outperforming COB? No dice.

thank you all for ur insite and recommendations i appreciate it.