Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamic Blackjack by Dr. Richard Reid

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dynamic Blackjack by Dr. Richard Reid

Folks,

Dr. Richard Reid wrote an ebook in the 1990's era titled "Dynamic Blackjack". Apparently originals have been lost and are not available. I am trying to locate a copy. PM me if you have one or know where I can get one.

Regards
    Stealth
    Last edited by Stealth; 06-19-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Dynamic Blackjack

At one time I asked Richard's son if he could get me a copy and he couldn't. The book had a chapter about analyzing player results for shared bankroll teams. This chapter is reproduced in Norm's Modern Blackjack . It is fascinating:
    http://www.qfit.com/book/ModernBlackjackPage501.htm

RR was kind enough to send it to me some years ago. Well done ebook.

Blog Entries

Richard lost the original doc when he retired and moved. He told me that I can make any use of the work that I wish. But, I haven't felt comfortable with this. I will look back at our conversation. The chapter Shark mentioned is interesting, and his unique cover idea of alternating bankrolls is a brilliant stroke.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Richard lost the original doc when he retired and moved. He told me that I can make any use of the work that I wish. But, I haven't felt comfortable with this. I will look back at our conversation. The chapter Shark mentioned is interesting, and his unique cover idea of alternating bankrolls is a brilliant stroke.
    Alternating Bankrolls?

Blog Entries

You have two bankrolls of different size and two betting ramps. Every other hand, you bet with ramp A and the other hands ramp B. Your betting looks crazy.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    interesting..
    An understatement
    “One man’s remorse is another man’s reminiscence.” Ogden Nash

Dr. Richard Reid very good autor. EBJ 2 very good system, Hi Lo ........> EBJ 2.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You have two bankrolls of different size and two betting ramps. Every other hand, you bet with ramp A and the other hands ramp B. Your betting looks crazy.
    Thanks Norm interesting concept.

Would like to understand more of Dr. Reid's concepts.

Norm sent me his program for analyzing player results. I plugged in my first 50 sessions where I won 300+ units over a 30 hour time-frame. Big swings on my way up and the program told me I was afraid to put the money out. Huh? Then I plugged in my last 80 or so sessions where I lost all 300+ units and then some. Again big swings and I get the same msg. afraid to put the money out. Lastly I plugged in all my sessions up-to-date where I recovered up to 65% of my expectation. Some 150 total sessions again swinging all over the place. Again the msg. afraid to put the money out. I'm puzzled by this since I absolutely shove it out when I should. Otherwise why play. Norm any ideas?

Blog Entries

Been years since I looked at this and I just copied Richard's logic. If you send me the data, and I can find the old code, I can try to find out what's triggering the warning.

I noticed something interesting. In my DB I didn't keep track of hours so I simply gave each session the same number of hours. This may be the problem. I'm going to start a new DB keeping track of my hours then see what the program spits out. Some years back I was accused of not putting out the dough on a team. Now that I have a little more insight into this, here was my mistake. I assumed the team capt. used RRs methodology. Some examples. One trip to Foxwoods I lost around $18K over 14 hours. Then I won almost $19K a day later at the Borgota playing 4 hours. I should have reported it this way but instead I combined it into a trip of 18 hours with just under a $1K win. One more example: I lost $23K in one hour and after dinner won back $23.5K in 4 hours. I reported this as a $500 win playing 5 hours. I have many more examples of this on the DB I sent to the team capt. Wish I could go back in time but I suppose it's water over the bridge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast