I wasn't too long into a DD session recently and the TC was high enough to warrant near-max bets. It was not a large unit jump from my previous bets and didn't warrant a 'checks play'. The TC was still high after this round and warranted splitting 10's, so of course I did it. However, I did not have enough green so I pulled some black out and asked for check change. The dealer looked at me like I was an idiot, chastised me for thinking about splitting the hand, the table moaned, etc. As I questioned the dealer again for check change, the dealer tells me I don't need it, and splits my hand and puts the black out there and immediately yells 'BLACK ACTION'. Well, the floor person (who I believe was a shift supervisor) promptly walks over and smiles, tells me good luck, etc. The phone in the pit rings, and the floor person gets quiet and talks and I hear the first few letters of my last name being given to the EITS. Meanwhile, I had the opportunity to split 10's again, so I did with another buy-in, and was content with my hands. The table won and the floor person tells me I have balls, etc, etc and told me to be careful doing that at this table.

The floor person walks away as I keep my bet the same and the dealer looks at me in slight disgust/slight jokingly tells me "thanks for the extra scrutiny, now they're watching me and if I make a mistake I'm screwed."

Obviously, the EITS is watching me and the table. I've spit 10's at every table I've played at and this was the first time (at least that I know of) where the EITS called down. There has never been any heat and the employee's demeanor was still friendly. I was still down several units due to bad variance and took a meal break shortly thereafter.

Well, I came on a different shift and the new floor person immediately asks if he can expect me to split my winning hands during his shift. I gave him some ploppy reasoning, he smiled and said "no offense, but I wish I could fill this table with people like you." With that he left.

OK - so I need some input. Was the EITS call normal procedure? Am I on their radar from this point forward? All the floor/shift supervisors still seem friendly and haven't changed their attitudes. Also, should I have demanded check change rather than letting the dealer use my black?

Thanks,
-BJO