See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The AdvantagePlayer.com Forum Archives

5 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The AdvantagePlayer.com Forum Archives

TheAdvantagePlayer.com forums are no more. Or as we wrote to Norm nearly a fortnight ago:

"We've decided to retire our forums ... or to be more accurate, the forums decided to retire a long time ago and now we're finally filing the paperwork and ordering the gold watch."

As traffic withered and the forums died a slow death, there wasn't a strong business case for us to try to revive them. Although it pained us personally to see them fall into disrepair, we had to focus on new business opportunities. But of course, rust never sleeps. And in that time Norm has built and maintained a thriving community on modern software. We know how much work that is, and it's an amazing effort we want to support.

So we're proud to announce that the AP.com forums have been archived here. Some 55,000 posts spanning over a decade, Don's Domain and the Open Forums were an integral part of blackjack history in the new millennium. Original research, epic flame wars, and thoughtful discussion – many by the biggest names in blackjack – can be found therein. We would be remiss if we did not thank Don for his incredible support in that endeavor, as well as Parker for helping moderate the forums through the years.

So this isn't goodbye, just a note saying we're doing what we should have done some time ago. Oh, and BJA3 on Kindle is coming.

Good Cards,

V & B
    Last edited by Norm; 06-05-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Many thanks to Viktor, Bettie and Don. You can find the forums just below the Misc Forums. There is a description at http://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sho...r-com-Archives.

You can find the AP.COM archive forums just below the Miscellaneous forums.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Awesome, thank you so very much.

Best of luck to you all in whatever new business ventures you pursue!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Very nicely done, Norm, thank you for all that you do. Thanks to all for ensuring the continued presence of those forum messages.

Banned or Suspended

Viktor Bettie,

Those were some good times, back then, but Parker,--- all I have to say is "Datroit", does that still raise your blood pressure?????????

Ouchez

So when is Don going to start appearing here?

It goes without saying that, if the forums, in general at ap.com, and Don's Domain, in particular, could no longer continue, then it is wonderful to have the archives housed here on Norm's site.

It has been my distinct pleasure to have hosted Don's Domain these many years, and I hope that readers will retain fond memories of the thousands of important posts that were displayed there and that now live on, thanks to Norm.

Don

See above!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    See above!
    Welcome, Don. I'm surprised to see you use a graphic smiley, based on some of your previous comments on "modern" forum software

Both the AP.com and Dom's Domain forums are wonderful additions and tremendous assets to have here. Not to mention, the very aspect of having Don S. and Viktor N. on the site as contributors is a huge leap forward and speak in it for themselves.

These are fine testaments for what you've created Norm! Yet another step forward in what is an already extremely helpful tool and is well on its' way to becoming a central repository of data and wealth of information. Excellent work and thanks again to out new contributors for their immensely archives.

“You aren’t making money until your money is making money.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    Viktor Bettie,

Those were some good times, back then, but Parker,--- all I have to say is "Datroit", does that still raise your blood pressure?????????

Ouchez
    HA! Actually more of a vigorous head shake and fudge-eating grin, but yeah, good times! :P

V

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Welcome, Don. I'm surprised to see you use a graphic smiley, based on some of your previous comments on "modern" forum software
    Ha! I'm not totally computer illiterate -- just semi-illiterate. I whine a lot, but I actually know a little bit more than what I let on to!

Don

Great. 55,000 useful posts to waddle thru. Guess I'll have to tivo Falling Skies this weekend.
    Let me die in my sleep like my Grandfather.
    Not screaming in agony like his passengers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast