Thread: DeckCaser: Sidecount Six-Five for RPC

DeckCaser

DeckCaser: Sidecount Six-Five for RPC

In TOB, pgs. 166-167, Griffin describes using HiOptI adjusted for a side count of the difference of remaining sixes and fives to improve the player's efficiency for 16 vs. T. If I use Revere Point Count with 1/2-deck TC conversion, is there a similar approach that can be used? Example? Can the same side count be used to improve 15 vs. T?

Cacarulo

Cacarulo: Re: Sidecount Six-Five for RPC

> In TOB, pgs. 166-167, Griffin describes
    > using HiOptI adjusted for a side count of
    > the difference of remaining sixes and fives
    > to improve the player's efficiency for 16
    > vs. T. If I use Revere Point Count with
    > 1/2-deck TC conversion, is there a similar
    > approach that can be used? Example? Can the
    > same side count be used to improve 15 vs. T?

Don't have TOB now but if I recall it correctly the six-five count was used separately only for that play (16vT).

1) Hi-Lo (-1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 -1)
    PE = 0.549

2) Six-Five (0 0 0 0 1 -1 0 0 0 0)
    PE = 0.693

When this count is >= 0 you should STAND on 16vT.

If played in TC mode you can also use it for 16v9 (Hi-Lo=0.529, Six-Five=0.587). The index for 16v9 would be +2 (or +1 with half-deck conversion).

You can use it with RPC or with any other count if you can keep track of both.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Cacarulo