Thread: Double21: Question for John Auston

Double21

Double21: Question for John Auston

Or anyone here---

I first noticed that a true count advantage varies inversely with the cards remaining to be played in Uston" MDB. The deeper you get into penetration, the greater advantage one has for a given true count. Why is this so?

I'm guessing that the positive TC advantage in your BJRM software John (and probably others as well) is an average, and early on it's overstated while later on it's low. At any rate, I'm asking this question both out of curiosity and to consider whether my betting strategy should be adjusted because of this phenomenon. Thanks to all for your usual help!

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Floating Advantage

yet another person who has "discovered" the FA on his own! :-)

Read BJA, Chapter 6, for a more complete discussion of this topic than you would probably care to read! :-)

Don

Double21

Double21: Re: Floating Advantage

> yet another person who has
    > "discovered" the FA on his own!
    > :-)

> I only wish! Actually I first read of this in Uaton's MDB and just didn't fully connect it to your wonderful book. My fault--I've read and re-read the thing!

Double21

Double21: Please make that Uston! *NM*

illsur5

illsur5: Re: Floating Advantage

There was a man who was Fat and always brought a greasy bag of chicken with him when he played blackjack. The cards always had to be changed frequently and women were not allowed to play with him. He extracted about a million bucks playing blackjack by what people beleived was a strategy termed END PLAY.