Thread: illsur5: ?

illsur5

illsur5: ?

I was playing in a game tonight where I was eating the bear so to speak (winning 75% of my wagers on negative counts). Then when the count went hot I won a few bets 2 or 3 in a row then lost hand after hand after hand. Did I just come across a violent S.D? It's the first time I have lost so many hands with a true hovering around the 3-6 range. To top it off with winning hand after hand at negative counts, strange session it was (first one in 22 month playing career).

Kasey

Kasey: Re: ?

> I was playing in a game tonight where I was
    > eating the bear so to speak (winning 75% of
    > my wagers on negative counts).

It's not unusual to win on negative counts. After all, the big cards are coming out, that's why the count is negative. Unfortunately, there is no way to predict this (except with shuffle tracking), and so no way to profit from it.

> It's the first time I have lost so many hands
    > with a true hovering around the 3-6 range.

"Hovering" is the key word. If the big cards don't show...

Get'em next time.

illsur5

illsur5: Re: ?

Get'em next time.

Thanks for your input Kasey and I will!

Parker

Parker: That's the game

> Did I just come across a violent S.D? It's
    > the first time I have lost so many hands
    > with a true hovering around the 3-6 range.
    > To top it off with winning hand after hand
    > at negative counts, strange session it was
    > (first one in 22 month playing career).

You're beginning to understand why there aren't more people doing this. :-)

If you think about it for a moment, you will always have the most violent swings (either way) in high count situations, simply because that is when you are putting the big bets out.

I have had many, many sessions in which I plod through one negative count after another, still managing to build up a small win.

Then the count goes positive, I start tossing out the big bets . . . . and losing. Losing 4 or 5 double downs with max bets out in rapid succession can really take the wind out of your sails.