Thread: AsZehn: BJRM2002

AsZehn

AsZehn: BJRM2002

John:

I received my copy of BJRM2002 yesterday and have a few questions for you;

1 What indices are used for KO in OSS? Are they per the KO book, per the KO book with the changes you made in WGBS for KO or other? And are they RC or TC.

2 When I attempt to recreate tables 114 and 115 my numbers are nowhere close.

3 I use KO preferred in the running count mode, does this make any difference.

It is a great product. Please advise if this is not the correct forum. Thanks.

John Auston

John Auston: Re: BJRM2002

> 1 What indices are used for KO in OSS? Are
    > they per the KO book, per the KO book with
    > the changes you made in WGBS for KO or
    > other? And are they RC or TC.

KO Preferred, as in the book. WGBJS used slightly different indices, as explained in WGBJS-KO.

> 2 When I attempt to recreate tables 114 and
    > 115 my numbers are nowhere close.

Well, I just tried it an got fairly close. Especially considering that the WGBJS-KO used different indices, and the OSS screen does not allow the precision of exactly where to place the bets, as shown in WGBJS-KO.

> 3 I use KO preferred in the running count
    > mode, does this make any difference.

That is just what the OSS sims used.

Best to not try to compare WGBJS-KO and the OSS KO sims in BJRM 2002. They are not the same, and each stands alone, and is what it is.

The WGBJS versions tried to recreate Chapter 10, for other counts. Chapter 10 did not include Optimal Betting.

Use BJRM OSS to simulate the game you will play.

Regards,
    John

AsZehn

AsZehn: Thanks. *NM*