Thread: Av: A True Weirdness (for Norm)

Av

Av: A True Weirdness (for Norm)

A couple of weeks ago I did some sims on CVDATA. Basically they were using a kind of "Grifter's Gambit" in which I was simulating playing 2 hands in low counts (to eat cards) and one hand in high counts. This was a head-up DD game S17 DAS and I was using straight KO and $25 units.

Well, I was getting wins of $1200-$1500/hr. depending on penetration and DI's of 51-58.

While it would be just lovely......NOT!

What could be the glitch?

Did the random number generator get "stuck" thru several sims?

I set it up again later and got a much more reasonable win rate of around $90/hr...(One hand of twice the count on high counts)

I still have the sim results if you would like me to e-mail them to you.

Av

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: A True Weirdness (for Norm)

Yep, e-mail the sim. Sounds like the unit size, but could be lots of things.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Bonus documentation clarification

The bonuses on the left side of the payoffs screen are additive. That is, if you get an Ace & Jack of Spades, you will get paid any bonus specified for AJ Spades & AJ Black & AJ Suited & Suited BJ & Spades BJ and the payoff for BJ. If you are simming 4:2 for AJ Spades and 2:2 for all other blackjacks, set the BJ payoff to 2:2 and AJ Spades bonus to 2:2. Don't set any other BJ bonuses. Also, if you have six card unbusted pays 2:2 and six card 21 pays 4:2, you will get both bonuses on a six card 21 in addition to the payoff for the hand. This is stated in the documentation, but with my usual brevity. I'll change the manual to emphasize the additive nature.