Thread: M.: Software Question

M.

M.: Software Question

Is there any type of software currently available which i can use to test the gain from employing different betting progressions and the effect playing of multiple hands on for the most popular count systems today. I don't know if the BJRM2000 can do this or maybe one of the awesome CV's.

Thanks in advance.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Software Question

> Is there any type of software currently
    > available which i can use to test the gain
    > from employing different betting
    > progressions.

You don't know how much better you'd make me feel if you would write "betting ramps" or "betting schemes," instead of "betting progressions"! :-)

Do try to banish that "p" word from your vocabulary, OK?! :-)

CVCX, CVData, SBA, BJRM, or BJ 6-7-8 will all do what you ask for with the greatest of ease.

Don

P.S. There is, of course, a remote chance that you actually intended to use the word "progressions" in its usual vile context. In that case, please refer to "Don's Dictums," #8.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Multiple hands and optimal betting

General purpose simulators like CVData and SBA can handle this. However, an optimal bet simulator like CVCX (and I assume an optimal bet calculator like BJRM) cannot handle betting strategies with both one and two hands played as the optimal betting theory doesn't adequately cover this. Actually, extension of the theory would make a good subject for the theory page.

M.

M.: Sorry Don!

no more p-word from now on. i'm sorry if the post made you a bit nostalgic.

Norm:

> Actually,
    > extension of the theory would make a good
    > subject for the theory page.

start it up!

M.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Apology accepted

> no more p-word from now on. i'm sorry if the
    > post made you a bit nostalgic.

You can't imagine how much I DON'T miss it! :-)

Don