Thread: marlin: systems

marlin

marlin: systems

Don,

If you had a choice of picking 1 or maybe 2 systems, or counts to use for any number of decks, which in your opinion would be the ones to use? With all the different books and junk that's out there it is no wonder players become confused. As a former teacher, I knew what the correct answer was in terms of what my students were learning. The debates I see going on in the different forums seem useless. I know that there are different counts or systems created for the simple and the more complicated individuals, but from what I am reading shouldn't we discard some counts or systems that really aren't much better than basic strategy? Ok I have rid myself of my anger towards all this junk being published out there. Thanks, for reading.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: systems

> Don,

> If you had a choice of picking 1 or maybe 2 systems,
    > or counts to use for any number of decks, which in
    > your opinion would be the ones to use? With all the
    > different books and junk that's out there it is no
    > wonder players become confused. As a former teacher, I
    > knew what the correct answer was in terms of what my
    > students were learning. The debates I see going on in
    > the different forums seem useless. I know that there
    > are different counts or systems created for the simple
    > and the more complicated individuals, but from what I
    > am reading shouldn't we discard some counts or systems
    > that really aren't much better than basic strategy? Ok
    > I have rid myself of my anger towards all this junk
    > being published out there. Thanks, for reading.

the reason there can't be one answer to a question like this is that it is important to know which game you're playing (decks, rules, etc.), and how motivated you are to learn a higher-level, more complex, count.

The best way to make the comparisons is to look at the SCORE chapter in BJA3 and see how all of the various counts pan out. For shoe games, the Rolls Royce is Hi-Opt II, with others such as AOII and Zen close behind.

Don