Thread: A Fan: Blackjack or Baccarat

A Fan

A Fan: Blackjack or Baccarat

Don,
    I have an interesting question I hope you can help me with.
    If a player receive a two card hand say (card A and card B) a two card computation. After receiving their first two cards A & B the player has an additional third card C. Now the player has three cards A & B & C a three computation. Now he has the option of using A with B, or A with C, or B with C a three card computation.

By adding the third card to the equation every time how much does this change the equations?

How much does the added option of a third card substantially increase the odds?

what are the probabilities of having three options compared to two cards?

Is this a Variable Change like the "Monte Hall paradox" or Conditional Probabilities?

Thanks
    A Fan

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Blackjack or Baccarat

With all due respect, there seem to be some language problems, so I would like to rewrite your question with what I believe to be the (somewhat clearer) meaning. If I am correct, I would then like to forward your question to Mike Shackleford, at wizardofodds.com, as this will surely take some computing and simulation capabilities that I am not able to provide.

And, I assume, from your title, that you want the question to pertain not only to blackjack but also to baccarat, for which, of course, there needs to be a completely different analysis and answer.

So, tell me if this is what you mean:

I have an interesting question I hope you can help me
    with.

Suppose a player receives a two-card blackjack or baccarat hand, say card A and card B, a two-card combination. After receiving his first two cards A & B, the player receives an additional third card C. Now the player has three cards, A, B, & C, a three-card combination. At this point, he has the option of using A with B, A with C, or B with C, therefore three possibilities of forming a two-card hand.

By adding the third card to the original two-card holding, each time, and permitting the holder to choose any one of the three two-card combinations as his final hand, by how much does this change the initial two-card-only expectation?

Does the added option of a third card substantially increase the odds?

What is the overall game expectation of having three options compared to just the one option of the original two cards?

Is that what you want to know?

Clearly, the increase in expectation will be very substantial.

Don

A Fan

A Fan: Re: Blackjack or Baccarat *NM*

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: ????

Why no message??

Don

A Fan

A Fan: Re: ???? *NM*

A Fan

A Fan: Re: ????

Don,
    Thank you very much for your quick response. You have clearly explained and answered the question to my satisfaction. If I find a need to go further in this analysis I will contact you.

Thanks again
    A Fan