Thread: Bettie: horrifying story

Bettie

Bettie: horrifying story

Okay, I must be behind in the times, which is really no surprise at all. Yesterday I read an article in ConJelCo's "Intellegent Gambler" newsletter of events that happened a few months ago, but I had not heard about, probably because I don't spend any time at all on other sites. Anyway, I wanted to make sure that our customers were aware of what this article entails.

I certainly don't want to steal from Chuck's newsletter, so it's a good thing that the LV Sun did an article on this situation (link below). Please read it - the story is about how the MGM not only refused to cash a $5K chip, they confiscated it because the person turning it in had received it from another player as a form of payment. It's a pretty common practice, so I can't believe this happened. I'm never going to let a dealer color me up beyond $1K chips again, I'll tell you that much.

The article in "Intellegent Gambler" has more detail than the LV Sun's article, so if you get the newsletter, be sure to read it. The author discusses what happened when he went to Gaming (not surprisingly, they didn't care), as well as what happened since the Sun's article. Apparently, you can also read about this in the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine, so if you have access, that's another way to get the story.

Bettie

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: An important bit

easy to miss at the end of the story is the mention of RFID in chips that can link the buyer with the person cashing in.

Bettie

Bettie: I was going to mention that

but didn't want to basically start a new topic of discussion in the middle of my own post. Glad that someone pointed it out, though.

Bettie

> easy to miss at the end of the story is the mention of
    > RFID in chips that can link the buyer with the person
    > cashing in.