Thread: Viktor Nacht: Chat Nights

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: Chat Nights

Dear DDers,

Please pipe up and tell us if you prefer Tuesday or Wednesday for a new chat night. I don't personally care about BJ21s chat, but I do care about what you want, so speak up and let us know!

Good Cards,

V

bfbagain

bfbagain: Chat thoughts

Sunday's are fine for me. However, later on Sunday's nights would be even better. Since you mentioned good TV, and I had a chance to watch more TV (only because it was good) than I had the last twenty years, 8PM CST is a real money time slot. All the HBO Sunday night shows start at 8PM.

9PM CST would be my vote, but our east coast members might not want to wait until 10PM EST.

Wednesday is ok, but the same time issues are in effect.

In fact, I think it's the time slot, not the night of the chat.

cheers
    bfb

Cardkountr

Cardkountr: Chats

Actually Sunday nights are best for me as well. Even though I'm an East Coaster I wouldn't mind if a Sunday chat started at 10pm EST as I'm normally home on the weekends and prefer to avoid the crowds by playing during the week.

Card.

Praying Mantis

Praying Mantis: Wednesday *NM*

chgobjpro

chgobjpro: I vote for Sunday 9PM CDT *NM*

Praying Mantis

Praying Mantis: I think the Question We Need to Answer is...

When is the BEST night for you to get the people we want hosting? What good is Tues or Wed if the pool of hosts are hard to find?

Probably doesn't really matter, anyway huh? With today's computer society, most poeople carry laptops with them even when they are on the road, so it may be a moot point.

PM

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: I'd prefer Tuesday ..

.. but since I've missed the last five or so, I'd acquiese to the regulars.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: The rationale

Sundays at 9 ET didn't just drop out of the sky. We evolved into that day and time slot for a variety of reasons. I'll share them with you and then make a final comment.

Many people work full time. They get up early in the morning and put in tiring days at work. If an east coast chat begins any later than 9 p.m. and, therefore, ends at 11 p.m. or later, we lose many participants during the chat, simply because they must go to sleep to get up at 6 or 7, or earlier, the next morning.

Conversely, west coast workers, returning home from work at, say, 6 p.m. PT find that the chat is already starting! We really can't start any earlier than 9 p.m. ET on any weeknight. So much for the time slot.

Now for the day. Friday and (mostly) Saturday evenings, people often go out. That leaves Monday through Thursday, plus Sunday. Of those days, the only one that doesn't have people returning from a tiring day at work is Sunday. While it's true that people are going to work the next day (Monday), half a loaf is better than none. At least people have rested during the day Sunday and are not scurrying home from work to join a chat already in progress.

So, that's the rationale. Having said that, I, personally, am retired, and I guess some of you are, too. All the days of the week are the same for me. So, your decision to keep or change the day or time won't meet any opposition from me. Personally, I watch a lot of TV. But, I have both VCRs and TiVo, and anything that's in conflict can always be recorded.

Finally, and this is obvious, too: Exceptions to the normal chat night can always be made to accommodate a host. If Ed Thorp says he can't make Sunday at 9 ET but can make Wednesday at 7 PT, you can bet your ass that, that week, we'll be chatting on Wednesday at 10 ET!!

Your turn.

Don

Olympia

Olympia: Hate to see Sundays go...

,,,since it's the only practical night for me; I was looking forward to participating in more chats but weeknights will nix that.

Illusion

Illusion: Any Day or TIme

I?ve said it before; I work rotating shifts with rotating days off so any day time works for me. Once ever few months or so I won?t be able to make it for 4 weeks or so due to work.