Thread: Wolverine: Steve Jacobs

Wolverine

Wolverine: Steve Jacobs

Is Steve Jacobs a reputable BJ author/researcher? I ran into a card clumping phenomenon recently and it got me looking on the internet for essays about the topic. His essay stated my concerns verbatim and I'd never heard of the guy before tonight. Granted, I am usually way off base with my "voodoo" beliefs in playing blackjack, but I'd like any input the community has about card clumping from a poor shuffle.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Steve Jacobs

> Is Steve Jacobs a reputable BJ
    > author/researcher? I ran into a card
    > clumping phenomenon recently and it got me
    > looking on the internet for essays about the
    > topic. His essay stated my concerns verbatim
    > and I'd never heard of the guy before
    > tonight. Granted, I am usually way off base
    > with my "voodoo" beliefs in
    > playing blackjack, but I'd like any input
    > the community has about card clumping from a
    > poor shuffle.

Steve Jacobs is a knowledgeable blackjack researcher who used to moderate the old usenet rec.bj. He still posts occasionally to Richard Reid's bjmath.com site.

I would be quite surprised to learn that he wrote anything supporting card clumping. But, with Steve, you never know. He gets some crazy ideas from time to time, and it's impossible to talk him out of anything.

Don