Thread: sfgiants: Dealer Winning % showing 2

sfgiants

sfgiants: Dealer Winning % showing 2

Greetings.

Over this past weekend, I sawmultiple times the dealer winning while showing a 2. So, in thought, was is the winning percentage for a dealer busting when he/she is showing a two (2) in a six deck game?

Is this exact info. available in BJA3?

TJ

Laughlin Marauder

Laughlin Marauder: Re: Dealer Winning % showing 2

That would greatly depend on what you have in your hand and what the TC is. All of this information can be found in Appendix A of Blackjack Attack 3... with charts showing Basic Strategy EV for each possible hand vs. every possible dealer upcard including the deuce.

> Greetings.

> Over this past weekend, I sawmultiple times
    > the dealer winning while showing a 2. So, in
    > thought, was is the winning percentage for a
    > dealer busting when he/she is showing a two
    > (2) in a six deck game?

> Is this exact info. available in BJA3?

> TJ

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Dealer Winning % showing 2

> Over this past weekend, I saw multiple times
    > the dealer winning while showing a 2. So, in
    > thought, what is the winning percentage for a
    > dealer busting when he/she is showing a two
    > (2) in a six deck game?

Not sure what you mean by "the winning percentage" and then "for the dealer busting"? They seem to be contradictory ideas. Do you want to know how often the dealer wins when he shows a 2, or do you want to know how often he breaks? In any event, for a 6-deck game, the dealer breaks with a 2 35% of the time. Our e.v. vs. the deuce is about +9%.

> Is this exact info. available in BJA3?

I imagine, with great difficulty, you could back it out of the p. 444, Table A51 values, but you'd have to multiply the various e.v.s, line by line, by their frequencies and derive a weighted average. It would be quite messy!

Don

Zenfighter

Zenfighter: Re: Dealer Winning % showing 2

I imagine, with great difficulty, you could back it out of the p. 444, Table A51 values, but you'd have to multiply the various e.v.s, line by line, by their frequencies and derive a weighted average. It would be quite messy!

Too much of a temptation, Don. I couldn?t resist.

Our e.v. vs. the deuce is about +9%.

For 6 dks, das, spl3 and dealer showing a deuce, I?ve got:

EV = 9.33892896%

Good Grief. The poor blackjack deck is being stripped naked of all her secrets.? R. Epstein

There is a distinct possibility, after the appearance of BJA3 soft cover edition, the above statement being more precise. :-)

Back from a dream, I meant from USA, naturally.

Regards

Zenfighter

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Welcome back, amigo! *NM*

Cardkountr

Cardkountr: Glad you enjoyed your visit.....

and hope you come back to the good ol USA again soon. You let me off easy with only lunch, next time we'll do dinner! I've emailed you a picture that you'll get a kick out of.

Card.

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Do you know .. EVERYBODY!? :) *NM*

Cardkountr

Cardkountr: Not by a Long Shot.....

But i do get around a good bit and have had the good fortune to meet many great people within the blackjack community over the years.

Best Regards,

Card

Zenfighter

Zenfighter: Re: Got it, thanks.

Captain?s Morgan disguise on the Halloween?s night looks to me unbeatable. LOL!
    Definitely better than the ?Clyde? counter one: Guy wearing a baseball cap pulled down,
    sunglasses added, one hand on his face, playing quietly by himself two hands versus the dealer. LMAO!

USA blackjack: Un paradis pour com?diens

Best regards

Zenfighter