Thread: HOLLYWOOD: QUESTION REGARDING SESSION

HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD: QUESTION REGARDING SESSION

BANKROLL

What figure do most of you use for for session bankrolls?

How many units do you lose before you call an end to a session?

Hollywood

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo: Re: QUESTION REGARDING SESSION

> BANKROLL

> What figure do most of you use for for
    > session bankrolls?

I don't use a session bankroll. I either play for an hour, or play until I get tired, or play until heat gets considerable. Then I leave and come back on a different shift and do the same thing.

> How many units do you lose before you call
    > an end to a session?

This is purely a psychological decision. I can count on one hand the number of times I've quit a session because I lost "x" amount of money. When I did this, it was early in my BJ career when I wasn't used to the swings. This is not a good reason to quit a session if conditions stay the same. Now, I either play for a pre-determined amount of time (usualy an hour), or I play until I get tired, or I play until the heat gets to be too much. If you're betting correctly, the more you play, the more you win. Period. Quitting, just because you've lost x amount is soley psychological. The answers you get to this question will reflect the posters' psychological feelings about losing and their understanding of playing with a small edge, the St. Dev. associated with that small edge, their tolerance of heat, and if they really understand what "the long run" is. A Lot of variables determine how much one is willing to lose at just one session.

Johnny Bravo

PS - You don't have to shout your topic for it to be seen.