Recreational player in training, although long time near perfect BS player. Anecdotal reports like this will not advance the art, but I offer this as perspective on conditions and tactics: Two 3-day stints about ten days apart, over 30 sessions in each, almost all in LV, shoes, sm stakes ($3, 5, 10, 15, 25 - 35, 45, 75, 100), very little play or behavioral camo, drank and smoked (moderately), did avoid repeats on shifts, constantly used a complex looking "postive progression" betting cover with odd bets that seem to always jump 2-3 X after 2 wins, but not always (actually only in +), frequently took "hunch" bets and insurance with inane comments to fill in other opportunities, and maybe most important of all followed Don and George's advice to move around properties alot 45-60' max. (Sometimes broke the rule to be honest, but only if there was zero heat). Also usually walked after 4 losses in a row.
Results: Intense heat at CP and GN, but seemed to dissipate after 20-30'(maybe it was walking in in a BB cap like C's tell #1?) Had a blast most of the time, especially a rocket + shoe where I won every hand (eleven in a row) and pushed every $ I could out(1:1). The winnings were small potatoes compared to more isolated sucesses I've had. But I was pleased with the consistent results I was getting over nearly 70 sessions. I kept exact records and netted $800 after getting down $800 in the first stint (I said small stakes). In the last two days I was winning 2/3 of the sessions and never lost more than $200 per, vs. winning $3-500 when I won, in this time frame. The big change I made from stint 1 to 2 was to increase my spread from about 1:5 to 1:9. Favorite spots: MB, CP, GN, and for fun friendly trucker stop stuff: the Searchlight Nugget. Also check out the Fiesta in NLV for liberal 1 dk. Also saw some fabulous art esp. @ Wynn & Venetian. I'm going back soon of course. Thanks.