Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hollywood: I HAVE A QUESTION?

Mister M

Mister M: Re: Experts please advise!

Cacarulo,kim, Godfather(Don)Will someone out there respond please?.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Experts please advise!

> Cacarulo,kim, Godfather(Don)Will someone out
    > there respond please?.

I think that none of us responded because we're going around in circles. We seem to have answered you a couple of times, but, obviously, there is some miscommunication.

If you were going to bet one hand of $100, but you bet two hands of $50, instead, you're going to lower your hourly EV, because you're using up more cards to get the same $100 on the table. We've suggested that you bet two hands of $75 instead, because now you will increase EV without increasing ROR. The only exception to the latter part of this observation is if you are playing alone, where betting 50% more and using up 50% more cards in the process amounts to, quite literally, playing WITH yourself, as well as BY yourself! :-)

Don

Kim Lee

Kim Lee: Obviously not!

> Does not one use up the same amount of cards
    > playing for example 6 hands over 3 rounds as
    > opposed to 6 hands over 6 rounds.

Of course not. If you play one spot alone against a dealer then each round consume two hands of (on average) 2.7 cards, or 5.4 cards. In this case 6 rounds will use around 32.4 cards.

If you play 2 spots then each round consumes three hands of 2.7 cards, or 8.1 cards. In this case 3 rounds will use around 24.3 cards. If you do this in a positive shoe then you still have enough cards left for at least one more round.

You must count the cards used by the dealer. Do you understand?

Mister M

Mister M: Re: Kim & Don

It is clear (finally!).I had been following the advice in bja p.284 concerning raising the score by the play of two hands in any positive situation.Thank you both for clarifying.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Kim & Don

> It is clear (finally!).I had been following
    > the advice in bja p.284 concerning raising
    > the score by the play of two hands in any
    > positive situation.Thank you both for
    > clarifying.

It's on p. 285, but it clearly mentions wagering 75% of the one-hand wager on each of the two spots. That's what you had been missing, I think.

Anyway, I'm glad you understand.

Don

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123