Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M: Win Rate / # of Hands Played

M

M: Win Rate / # of Hands Played

has there been a study on the effect for the counter of always playing 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 spots simultaneously in comparision to only one spot? i was reading Anderson's BtTiLV and the description of the depth-charger really intruiged me. this guy bet 1 unit on the first spot, 2 on the next, then 3 and so on, until he had 7 units on third base. conversly, when varying your bets, would there be something beneficial on always playing several spots. what's the correlation of this to plus/negative counts?

cheers.

M

M: anybody? *NM*

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: anybody?

You certainly get testy for someone who has posted over 60 times and gotten responses to every question you've asked.

Now, you're showing impatience because no one has answered you instantly?

Please don't press your luck.

Don

M

M: Re: anybody?

jeez, Don.

okay... i can live with that. over 60 times, huh?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: anybody?

> jeez, Don.

> okay... i can live with that. over 60 times,
    > huh?

Any chance you feel you aren't getting your money's worth?

Don

John Auston

John Auston: Re: anybody?

I was about to reply: Sorry. You've used up your quota of questions. Take a break.

M

M: what?

are you kidding! quota of questions?!

Don, of course i feel i'm getting my money's worth. c'mon, this is your Domain for christ's sake. well, if it must be this way. i was fortunate enough to have the Masters answer my measley 60+ questions...

oh, by the way, try to take it easy. i mean, what this forum needs is people posting and who are involved. i see over 30 members viewing each post but only five who actually contribute something, excluding the Masters, of course. i might not be giving as much as i'm taking, but where i can help you know i do.

whatever, i'll purchase BJA2e to get answers to the rest of my friggin' questions.

you won't get rid of me : )
    later.

John Auston

John Auston: Re: what?

> are you kidding! quota of questions?!

> i was fortunate enough to have the Masters
    > answer my measley 60+ questions...

If, as you imply, you still have many questions about Blackjack, some of them still fundamental, perhaps you should be a little more circumspect before broadcasting recommended BJ Reading Lists to the World, with implied learned opinions on each one?

Those would lead one to believe you are already an expert (player and theoretician). Are you? If so, why the never-ending stream of questions. If not, why the Reading Lists?

Just trying to understand. Please don't take offense.

-JA

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Further clarification

The only thing more important on Don's Domain than answering subscribers' questions is trying to maintain a forum that is player-friendly and whose goal is to disseminate information to people who are sincere.

In your July 28 "introduction" to the group, you wrote the following:

"Hey everyone, i'm new to this forum and i'm new to the game, so bear with me little. I only subscribed for two months, so i'll be asking a lot of questions, some of them basic."

Your subsequent questions here and your extensive list of reviews on amazon.com, on virtually every BJ book ever written, led me and, obviously, others, to conclude that your remarks above simply weren't truthful.

Upon further investigation, it also appeared that there were other inconsistencies in how you represented yourself.

There are no quotas on the amount of questions genuine subscribers may ask on this site. For those who aren't who they pretend to be, even one question is one too many.

I'm sorry, but that's the way we need to run this forum. If we are mistaken about you, my apologies. If you would like a refund, it will be cheerfully offered. But, until we see evidence to the contrary, I'm thinking that maybe it would be best if you cooled it for a while.

Don

John Auston

John Auston: Re: what?

> whatever, i'll purchase BJA2e to get answers
    > to the rest of my friggin' questions.

Not to pile on, but how does the above fit with the below? You need to purchase it, but you've already read and reviewed it???

From Amazon.com:

Blackjack Attack, 2e
    by Don Schlesinger (Paperback)
    Average Customer Review:
    List Price: $19.95
    Buy new: $19.95

shred43's comments:
    A most necessary closing book for those that are familiar with the above.

MathProf

MathProf: No Quota ?

When I saw the talk about quota, I thought that maybe you had sold this guy some kind of introductory membership. You know, where you might have a quota on the number of questions that you can put up. After you exhaust you quota, you have to upgrade to the full package.

Not a bad marketing idea. (Although you might want to limit the number of post which can be read, to discourage lurking.)

> There are no quotas on the amount of
    > questions genuine subscribers may ask on
    > this site. For those who aren't who they
    > pretend to be, even one question is one too
    > many.

> I'm sorry, but that's the way we need to run
    > this forum. If we are mistaken about you, my
    > apologies. If you would like a refund, it
    > will be cheerfully offered. But, until we
    > see evidence to the contrary, I'm thinking
    > that maybe it would be best if you cooled it
    > for a while.

> Don

M

M: Re: what?

well, well. this is all quite laughable. is it possible that you understand a little sarcasm? plus, i don't see anything wrong with a bit of duality in your life, John. anyway, let's not turn this into a bashing session, alright. you seem to get offended a little too easily for someone of your intelligence. as far as my introduction, i feel i'm no expert, and i've read more books than those i reveiwed. not that i need to explain anything to any of you, but many times i post for others, my friends or interested parties who wish to ask their own questions. we are a large happy circle of Australians who wish to learn about BJ. but hey, if i make you uncomfortable, don't sweat it. i won't post on this forum again.

try not to be too sad about this.
    shred43.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: what?

> well, well. this is all quite laughable. is
    > it possible that you understand a little
    > sarcasm? plus, i don't see anything wrong
    > with a bit of duality in your life, John.
    > anyway, let's not turn this into a bashing
    > session, alright. you seem to get offended a
    > little too easily for someone of your
    > intelligence. as far as my introduction, i
    > feel i'm no expert, and i've read more books
    > than those i reveiwed. not that i need to
    > explain anything to any of you, but many
    > times i post for others, my friends or
    > interested parties who wish to ask their own
    > questions. we are a large happy circle of
    > Australians who wish to learn about BJ. but
    > hey, if i make you uncomfortable, don't
    > sweat it. i won't post on this forum again.

> try not to be too sad about this.

As readers can plainly see, our suspicions about this known imposter are clearly confirmed. His password will be revoked forthwith.

Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast