Thread: M: Surrender

M

M: Surrender

this question refers to the Ill. 18 plays: 16 vs 10 and 15 vs 10; and one of the Fab 4: 15 vs 10.

1) firstly, would the Basic Strategy Sr be the prefered play, when available, over standing on 16 vs 10 at high counts?

2) which of these play deviations for 15 vs 10 should i use if Sr is allowed: for standing or for surrendering, and wouldn't i surrender anyway if it where available due to the BS Sr.

i can't seem to understand the connection between the BS Sr, Ill. 18 hit/stand recommendations, and the Fab 4 Sr...

can someone clear this up.
    thanks a lot.

M.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Surrender

> this question refers to the Ill. 18 plays:
    > 16 vs 10 and 15 vs 10; and one of the Fab 4:
    > 15 vs 10.

> 1) firstly, would the Basic Strategy Sr be
    > the prefered play, when available, over
    > standing on 16 vs 10 at high counts?

Yes, absolutely.

> 2) which of these play deviations for 15 vs
    > 10 should i use if Sr is allowed: for
    > standing or for surrendering, and wouldn't i
    > surrender anyway if it where available due
    > to the BS Sr.

Surrender 15 v. 10 if the count is high enough to warrant surrender. If it isn't, then hit. As the surrender index is lower than the standing index, if surrender is offered, you would never stand on 15 v. 10 (unless, of course, we're not talking about the original, two-card holding).

> i can't seem to understand the connection
    > between the BS Sr, Ill. 18 hit/stand
    > recommendations, and the Fab 4 Sr...

> can someone clear this up.

Hopefully, the above is clear.

Don

Kim Lee

Kim Lee: Surrender Heat

I recently saw a Caesars pit boss make a notation on a players rating card when he correctly surrendered (basic strategy). Presumably they don't want to reward sharp players with comps.

M

M: Re: Surrender

> Hopefully, the above is clear.

yes, it's clear now. thanks a lot Don!

M.

Baddog

Baddog: Re: Surrender Heat

That was probably a bet size adjustment from bet to bet/2. Real heat: insure a 15 and the surrender it when dealer does not have bj. Have disco shoes buttoned down.