Thread: Hollywood: I saw something interesting

Hollywood

Hollywood: I saw something interesting

last night while playing in AC Pit.

It was a $100.00 table and I was sitting at 3rd base (3 of us were playing) and there was another person at 1st base just playing BS. But, it was the person in the middle that was playing in a unique fashion.

It was about 30 minutes into it that I realized he was counting. He was flat betting $500.00 a hand. Now he never increased his bet, but when the count came to our favor and I increased mine, all he did was start playing additional hands at the same $500.00.

At first I didn't realize he was counting, but by the 3rd time I noticed he added the hands whenever I increased my bet. He always kept his original bet intact. When I went from 1 unit to 2, he went from one hand of $500 to two hands of $500. Then to 3 hands of $500 and finally to 4 hands. He seemed to be doing very well, but he was getting good cards. At one point he increased the 3rd and 4th hand to $1000.00 each.

I just thought it was interesting and I wondered if any of my BJ comrades do it the same way or have seen other counters operate like this.

Usually if I sit and I notice another counter at the table I move. But I admit I was a bit inrigued with his style.

Regards,

Hollywood

Pro21

Pro21: Re: I saw something interesting

He better be headed to the bathroom every time the count went negative or he's playing a losing game.

Hollywood

Hollywood: Re: I saw something interesting

> He better be headed to the bathroom every
    > time the count went negative or he's playing
    > a losing game.

He seemed to be doing well. Do you think he was just lucky?

Grinder

Grinder: Re: I saw something interesting

> Thats not unusual play but..... I dont know if Don or the others will agree with my comment but my suggestion is instead of playing mulptiple hands and eating the cards he should have bet 2,3 or 4 kilos on a single hand prolonging the favorability of the deck or shoe.
    let me know if you guys agree with me or not but I just recently learned this reading blackjack essays, its called (consolidation betting).