Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy B: Chicago Dinner

Jimmy B

Jimmy B: Chicago Dinner

Don - We had a dinner meeting in Chicago this evening (3/7) with twelve people in attendance. Some, including myself, expressed the hope that you would join us on the regular pages once again.

Just a bunch of regular players who appreciated your help and wished to send their regards.

JimmyB

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Chicago Dinner

> Don - We had a dinner meeting in Chicago
    > this evening (3/7) with twelve people in
    > attendance. Some, including myself,
    > expressed the hope that you would join us on
    > the regular pages once again.

> Just a bunch of regular players who
    > appreciated your help and wished to send
    > their regards.

Thanks for the kind words, Jimmy. It's very difficult for me to be sitting on the sidelines. I see questions going unanswered, getting answered, but with several days' delay, or, worse still, getting answered improperly. Just recently, there were questions on the stock page about selling naked strangles (which I did exclusively for a living for over 10 years!) and on mentioning one's background in BJ at job interviews (it got me my job!!). The answers given were very poor. I would have loved to reach out.

In any event, the ball is in Wong's court. I will never return to bj21 with the current setup. The inmates are running the asylum, the Free pages are a cesspool, and SW laps it up, counting the hits he gets from deranged people all the way to the bank. I'm bitterly disappointed in him.

You know my stand on why I won't post just to the Green pages. I helped Wong make the site what it is today. And, I was there for the "little guys" on the Free pages all the way. He'd love me to be on just the Green, as an incentive for the Free guys to pay and come over. I won't do that. I'm either on the whole site, or not at all, and with the mental defectives and double-digit IQ imbeciles currently running the Free pages, it isn't likely that anything is going to change.

I know you see this as my fault, but it isn't; it's Wong's. He should be ashamed to associate his name with the toilet bowl that he's currently running on the Free pages.

In the meantime, it's nice to see you here, where normal people hang out, and I hope you'll visit often.

Don

G Man

G Man: Re: Chicago Dinner

This is called inregrity ! If more people were like Don, we wouldn`t face all these pages filled with garbage on SW site. Bottom line, we should all stop using his board and let it die. I have never and will never show any respect for someone who doesn`t care about his customers.

anon

anon: he is here, if you are are a good stude

don is here

the idiots are not

want to know about selling strangles, ask

you think buying stock and selling deep calls is a conservative strategy but selling naked baby puts is insane, ask here

it is really very simple

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Chicago Dinner

> I have never and will never show
    > any respect for someone who doesn`t care
    > about his customers.

This is a TARGET-like phenomenon. As bj21 grew in size, it brought with it the inevitable kooks, mental defectives, malcontents, and clinically ill people. Wong's attitude has always been, "but, they're all people; they all count as hits!"

Jerry Patterson eventually knew TARGET was fraudulent, but he was collecting $495 a pop from unsuspecting customers who craved the garbage. Over time, Jerry couldn't extricate himself, because he was in too deep. It would have taken more integrity than he could muster to get out of the business.

Wong is now "in too deep," as well. He is enjoying the revenue that bj21 brings him, and he is entitled to that. But, along the way, he has dumped the friends who helped him get there, in favor of a collection of pathological sociopaths. Ask him why, and he'll tell you, "Don is only one person; the stalkers, Clarke Cants, Frank Stantons, Dr. Woggas, etc., etc. are many people. And, HITS are the name of the game."

So, you get quantity, instead of quality, and a once fine product and reputable name turns into a cesspool of a product and a somewhat (in my view) tarnished reputation for peddling garbage.

Don

J Morgan

J Morgan: I notice

In the chaos over at bj21 Books & Software, I have tried, not always successfully, to keep the issue focused on what I consider to be a serious issue of numbers and academic method. I have intentionally not replied to every question, nor even acknowledged the many favorable things that have been said about me or my book.

So, while we have a moment of quiet, I would like to say that I did read it all, and I appreciate the support. (ETF, Fezz, Bluesman, SOTSOG, Cyrus, X.--You guys had me on the floor with some of those zingers.) It's not always easy to get into a flame war.

Thank you.

--J

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: I notice

>It's not always easy to get into a flame war.

Especially when you know, going in, that you're dealing with a pompous a**hole.

Don

anon

anon: Re: I notice

i am of course a broken record but

there are good and great teachers and there are snake oil salesmen

it is a waste of life energy to converse with the liars and cheats of the world. they do not care if you are correct, it cuts into sales.

likewise the fools who follow them are not interested in what you have to say, the other guy promises eternal life for the price of a subway ride.

i have always enjoyed bj21.com, although it was for the access to great teachers not the general forum. however, few great teachers are left, for the obvious reasons.

it is pointless to argue with the deaf and deluded

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: I notice

> it is pointless to argue with the deaf and
    > deluded

Yes, that has become crystal clear. And, that's why I've left and won't return to bj21 unless the cesspool is drained-- which is highly unlikely, because the site has become too lucrative for Wong to tinker with it..

Don

Cyrus

Cyrus: Chewy

"Ask [Stanford Wong] why, and he'll tell you, "Don is only one person; the stalkers, Clarke Cants, Frank Stantons, Dr. Woggas, etc., etc. are many people. And, HITS are the name of the game." "

Maybe. But I can testify that Dr Wogga's and stalker's posts, and the posts hoisted under other aliases they use, are busted practically on sight. Plus, I firmly believe that posts by the Frank Stanton's of this world, who do indeed stay up, should only be used for comedy. That's what I do and it has worked like a dream for me. I see no reason in the world to get angry with a voodoo acolyte like Frank Stanton or to try and educate him. (Imagine how you'd feel if Frank Stanton was a fan!) Moreover, when Frank Stanton's or any other troller's posts go unanswered by the experts, he doesn't go berserk, the board doesn't erupt with flames -- and Stanford Wong gets fewer hits. Double whammy!

I will only mention Cl**** C*** to repeat once again that you'll be better off if you stay out of ANY thread in which he is involved. There are lots and lots of "good folks" around, with a decent hypotension and doctor's orders to exercise themselves, who are only too willig to pick up the slack.

Bottom line : You get too involved in all these imbroglios to realize how utterly ridiculous most of the opposition looks to the audience. If you could realize this, I'm sure you would adopt a more benign attitude.

Just my (and my only) two cents.

--Cyrus

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Chewy

> Bottom line : You get too involved in all
    > these imbroglios to realize how utterly
    > ridiculous most of the opposition looks to
    > the audience. If you could realize this,
    > I'm sure you would adopt a more benign
    > attitude.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree with the fundamental principle that these people have any right to post in the first place.
    Stanford Wong is too high-profile in the industry to permit his name to be associated with this kind of activity on his Web site. He does it for one reason only -- money -- and he would make nearly as much without the assholes.

You go for quality, or you go for quantity. Simple as that. Telling me how to deal with it begs the question as to why they're there in the first place.

Don

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: And by the way ...

I simply add my name to the long, growing list of those who have bailed out of Wong's free pages, because of the cesspool it has become: MathProf, Bryce Carlson, Norm Wattenberger, Ken Fuchs, John Auston, DD', . . . all former prolific contributors.

Don

Zenfighter

Zenfighter: Re: I notice

> Yes, that has become crystal clear. And,
    > that's why I've left and won't return to
    > bj21 unless the cesspool is drained-- which
    > is highly unlikely, because the site has
    > become too lucrative for Wong to tinker with
    > it..

> Don

And also I notice now, we have among us a more
    healthier and happy human being, a New Yorker