I've just learned from my ex-girlfriend that she is somewhat eidetic. As such, she can actually memorize and instantly recall groups of cards. For example, if I ran 20 cards by her, she could instantly tell me how many of each cards (although not in order, though that can be taught). In other words, in any given situation, she would know the exact composition of the remainder of the deck(s) after each card is dealt. It may sound absurd, but it's true, I've tested her and I'm extremely jealous.

I was considering teaching her to count but that seems pretty weak considering her freakish, Rainmanesque ability. Are there any systems which take into account exact deck composition (at least for a single deck scenario) or is there anything that attempts to approximate such a thing more closely than traditional counting (a regular count with a bunch of sidecounts perhaps)? At any given point in the game, she'll know exactly what's left in the deck, the only problem is then figuring out what the correct play is based on that knowledge.

I've perused some of my blackjack texts, including the card removal section of 'The Theory of Blackjack' and the prospect of developing some sort of strategy for this seems daunting, to say the least. Though I do have a question about this section of the book. Are the removal effects additive? To find the advantage of hitting vs. standing, could you just add together the removal effects of all the cards which had been played already?

I realize this is pretty out there, but any help would be greatly appreciated.