Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: artguy: 16 vs. ace for 1dk, 2dk, 6dk games

Kyle Sever

Kyle Sever: Why do you take typos so seriously?

Actually, I was being partially sarcastic. When someone is publishing, making long posts or creating webpages, there is no doubt that great care should be made to the written work, especially if it's being published.

But for internet boards, especially short posts, why agonize over it? If we all tried to pursue perfection we would be constantly proofreading, revising and wasting our time. Of course, I'm not saying we should write like your pal, Clarke Cant. We are all expected to at least organize our post so it's readable. But silly typos, why bother?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Form of rudeness

When you write a private e-mail to someone, and no one reads what you write except that one person, go ahead and be as sloppy as you want, because, I suppose, that's your own problem. But, when you post in public, especially on this site, I'd like you to be as careful and accurate as you can be, out of courtesy to those who read this board. And, of course, I hold myself to those same standards.

We run a high-class show here, and rampant spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and just plain sloppiness are very strongly discouraged.

End of lecture.

And thanks for understanding.

Don

Kyle Sever

Kyle Sever: embarrassing typos

I just barely noticed that I wrote "care you." Funny how I question you about typos when my subject line was horribly written. I better start proofreading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12