Thread: Cyclops: Las Vegas Club

Cyclops

Cyclops: Las Vegas Club

I stayed at the Las Vegas Club this week in the South tower.

Unfortunately, during the whole stay one or the other of the two elevators did not work. It took a very long (hot) time to get to my room. The elevator stopped on every floor going up and every floor going down regardless of whether there were any passengers on any particular floor.

Finally they shut down both elevators and left a sign that said to use the service elevator. They did not indicate where the service elevator was located. There was an Israeli woman there who said her English was bad and couldn't figure out what the posted sign meant. I told her not to worry about it because it didn't make any sense anyway.

So I told her I would take care of the situation and proceeded to ask four of the LVC employees where the service elevator was. I got four different answers, none of which was correct or satisfactory. Finally the Israeli woman spotted a maintenance man who took us to the service elevator. I subsequently found out from my fellow BJ21 players that a service elevator is usually by the hotel kitchen(s).

The LVC is one of the few Las Vegas hotels I have never stayed in and now I know why.

Greasy John

Greasy John: Re: Las Vegas Club

> I stayed at the Las Vegas Club this week in the South
    > tower.

> Unfortunately, during the whole stay one or the other
    > of the two elevators did not work. It took a very long
    > (hot) time to get to my room. The elevator stopped on
    > every floor going up and every floor going down
    > regardless of whether there were any passengers on any
    > particular floor.

> Finally they shut down both elevators and left a sign
    > that said to use the service elevator. They did not
    > indicate where the service elevator was located. There
    > was an Israeli woman there who said her English was
    > bad and couldn't figure out what the posted sign
    > meant. I told her not to worry about it because it
    > didn't make any sense anyway.

> So I told her I would take care of the situation and
    > proceeded to ask four of the LVC employees where the
    > service elevator was. I got four different answers,
    > none of which was correct or satisfactory. Finally the
    > Israeli woman spotted a maintenance man who took us to
    > the service elevator. I subsequently found out from my
    > fellow BJ21 players that a service elevator is usually
    > by the hotel kitchen(s).

> The LVC is one of the few Las Vegas hotels I have
    > never stayed in and now I know why.

I stayed there a couple years ago. The room had no heat, even after a maintenance guy tried to fix it. I was switched to another room in the North tower. In that room when you flushed the toilet the water backed up into the sink. I kid you not.

Greasy John

Trapper

Trapper: Contrary opinion

My experience was a little different. I stayed at the Vegas Club earlier this year and I thought it was OK. The north tower rooms are quite large and clean. The room was also very quiet - quite a bit quieter than the rooms in the Luxor on my previous trip. Not luxurious but not bad for the price.