Thread: Bettie: Nana Nana Booboo!

Bettie

Bettie: Nana Nana Booboo!

For all of you out there "enjoying" the 22.8 inches of snow dumped on NY and a big chunk of the rest of the NE, I say, "HA!" It was so nice out here this weekend (over 70!), I had all the windows open and did some yard work.

Sorry, but I already called my family to gloat and couldn't help myself when I saw the news this morning. I'm not a gracious person.

Bettie

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Record-breaker

> For all of you out there "enjoying" the 22.8
    > inches of snow dumped on NY and a big chunk of the
    > rest of the NE, I say, "HA!" It was so nice
    > out here this weekend (over 70!), I had all the
    > windows open and did some yard work.

Second biggest snowfall in the history of NYC, surpassed only by the December 1947 26+ inches. Beat the legendary blizzard of '88 (that's 1888, folks), for second place. And, it's not quite over yet!

Needless to say, we are NOT amused!

Don

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: What snow?

They are now saying heaviest NYC snowfall in recorded history. In the city we're all scratching our heads. All the streets are open and I had no problem getting around in the middle of the storm. Went out with no boots, scarf, umbrella or hat and passed many people dressed the same. Of course the 'burbs may be different. But I think inflation must have made inches smaller.

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Hold on there ..

> For all of you out there "enjoying" the 22.8
    > inches of snow dumped on NY and a big chunk of the
    > rest of the NE, I say, "HA!"

Called the cousin who lives in Battery Park .. they are loving it! Sunday night they were out walking the streets in the new fallen snow before the gillion footprints and tire tracks could mess it up. All the trees were beautiful, they went back home, got a fire going in the fake fireplace ..

.. they are going to give YOU a call later on .. about the middle of August.

Bettie

Bettie: Re: Hold on there ..

> Called the cousin who lives in Battery Park .. they
    > are loving it! Sunday night they were out walking the
    > streets in the new fallen snow before the gillion
    > footprints and tire tracks could mess it up. All the
    > trees were beautiful, they went back home, got a fire
    > going in the fake fireplace ..

Yuck, yuck, yuck! Okay, for one day, TOPS, that might be nice. But it's going to turn brown, make a mess in the house, potentially cause damage to their trees and bushes, and get real old, real fast. Nothing, and I mean nothing, gets old when you're cooling off by sitting poolside with a cold drink in your hand (and a nice view, usually)!

> .. they are going to give YOU a call later on .. about
    > the middle of August.

Actually, July is the hottest month here; early- to mid-month is when the record-breaking temps happen. There's lots of a.c. and pools to keep you cool, not to mention the fun that can be had walking around the house nekkid! Maybe my problem is that I just don't look good in turtlenecks!

Bettie

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: Hold on there ..

I agree everything you said is 100% accurate; I said the cousins's liked it; me, I hate winter.

Give me 110 any day over -10 and a wind-chill index. I think it's gonna snow here over the weekend.

"..I just shot six holes in my freezer, I think I got cabin fever, somebody sound the alarm." -J.B.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Weather

> Give me 110 any day over -10 and a wind-chill index. I
    > think it's gonna snow here over the weekend.

Hardly -10 It's 55 degrees in Manhattan right now. It was 68 a couple weeks ago. The TV news acts like we were in a major storm. But Monday morning all 6,374 miles of streets were plowed and all schools were open. And only one snow plow driver was arrested for DWI