Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bettie: The Strip = Broadway West?

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: Mick Jagger is 62

I saw Mick at age 58, up close and personal. That guy could still rock the house down, even then.

A hot sweaty outdoor Summer night venue and that guy went full-tilt, constantly running from one side to the next, for two hours.

Come to think of it, several of the old guys can still put out.

Have you seen Rod Stewart's latest show? (Yes, I like Rod Stewart.) He can still go also.

BTW -Parker -give the Bee Gees a break dude. I hated that era too, but those guys could sing.

Parker

Parker: Re: Mick Jagger is 62

> What ever happened to "Don't trust anyone over
    > 30?" We all got older.

In 1970 Mick Jagger stated, "I'd rather be dead than singing 'Satisfaction' when I'm 45."

Obviously, he had a change of heart. :-)

> P.S. This is getting to be like Wong's
    > "Politics" or "Social" boards, but
    > without the contentiousness.

Not really. Every thread has a Las Vegas connection somewhere in it, although we do sometimes tend to drift a bit.

With that in mind, I'll note that the Rolling Stones played Las Vegas 3 times during their 40 Licks tour, appearing at the Hard Rock Nov 29, 2002, the MGM Grand the following evening, and returning to the MGM Grand February 8, 2003 for an encore performance that also concluded the tour.

There is no Las Vegas show scheduled for their upcoming tour, although dates are still being finalized.

Breaking news: The Stones' new album, to be released September 5, will be called A Bigger Bang.

You heard it here first. :-)

lagavulin62

lagavulin62: Re: Disco S_cks. Rock is Rollin'

> The message in my subject line actually appeared on
    > tee-shirts in the late 70's and early '80's. Perhaps
    > it was the first mainstreaming of the word
    > "s_cks," which had been considered obscene.
    > I never liked disco, except for the sound track to
    > Saturday Night Fever. I don't consider ABBA to be
    > disco. I like Springsteen, Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac,
    > the Beatles and pre-Beatles oldies. I also like
    > classical music.

well if you like classical and rock then you must be a fan of RUSH. one of my all-time favorites and they too could put on a wonderful show. I still listen to "hemispheres" on the rare occasions I return home. here's another one........tom petty and the heartbreakers.

drumz1

drumz1: Parker, if I may.....

....And let's not forget The Greatest Rock and Roll Band
    in the World, The Rolling Stones, who produced some
    of their finest albums ( Sticky Finger, Exile on Main
    St, Some Girls ) in the 70's.

You are correct about the Stones, but there was and still is another incredible Rock and Roll Band who (IMO) is in the same league with the Stones. Grand Funk is still "Rock and Roll in yer face", and though the hair is a little grayer and the lines in the faces are more pronounced, the music is still there, and not to be denied.

If you would like to see and hear how they sound today, you can download the promo video from their website by clicking the link below. Caveat: It is best to right-click and save to file, especially if you are on a dial-up connection.

Attending a GF concert was one of my most memorable moments. The music was great, and I never saw such a more sharing and caring audience....wow, they even shared the same cigarette with each other.

:-)

Regards,
    drumz1

Bettie

Bettie: Re: Mick Jagger is 62

> Breaking news: The Stones' new album, to be released
    > September 5, will be called A Bigger Bang. You heard
    > it here first. :-)

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Rolling Stones celebrated Mick Jagger's 62nd birthday by announcing the September 6 release of "A Bigger Bang" on Virgin Records, their first studio CD in eight years.

"While in the studio recording the album last year, the band came up with the title, 'A Bigger Bang,' reflecting their fascination with the scientific theory about the origin of the universe," the Stones said in a statement Tuesday.

"Bridges to Babylon," their previous studio album, was released in 1997.

Sixteen songs will be featured on "A Bigger Bang," including "Rough Justice" and "Streets of Love." Keith Richards sings on two tracks, "This Place Is Empty" and "Infamy."

The Stones kick off their world tour August 21 at Boston's Fenway Park.

Following 35 scheduled dates in the United States and Canada, the band will tour Mexico, South America, the Far East, New Zealand, Australia and Europe.

So, the Beatles were bigger than Jesus, and for the evolutionists, the Stones are bigger than the start of our universe?

Bettie

Bettie

Bettie: Just a last note.

> Have you seen Rod Stewart's latest show? (Yes, I like
    > Rod Stewart.) He can still go also.

I saw Rod at the HRH last year (comped, of course). Rod and the show was great, though it was slow in the middle with his big-band era of songs. Not that I don't like those songs; I just wanted to hear Rod do his classics.

> BTW -Parker -give the Bee Gees a break dude. I hated
    > that era too, but those guys could sing.

So, I'm at the HRH earlier today, which plays its music louder when it's not quite so busy in an effort to make it sound busier, I think. "Staying Alive" came blaring on, and I swear that everyone started to strut as they walked, probably without even realizing it. More than a handful of the people I walked by were singing along ? not stupid-drunk, just silly-fun. Pretty infectious!

Bettie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12