Thread: Arundo: Magic acts

Arundo

Arundo: Magic acts

Going to LV next week...looking forward to the BJ!

Any suggestions for magic other than Sigfried and Roy? It's a little rich for my blood and I'd rather use the cash at the tables. I'd also like to take my 5 year old, so I guess I'll have to catch Showgirls of Magic some other time ;-) Where is the best place to get tickets?

Thanks.

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: Lance Burton

Lance Burton is a fantastic magic show. It's a good combination of real magic and big tricks (the ol' "make the big thing disappear act) that should please the whole family, IMO.

The Show Girls of Magic currently lack a "make the big thing disappear act." I was very disappointed.

Good Cards,

V

methodman

methodman: KRESKIN TOO,is good. *NM*

ComboProf

ComboProf: I agree.

Lance Burton is the best magic show in Las Vegas.
    Rick Thomas at Tropicana is also good.

Bettie

Bettie: Lance Burton Kicks Ass!

> Lance Burton is a fantastic magic show. It's
    > a good combination of real magic and big
    > tricks (the ol' "make the big thing
    > disappear act) that should please the whole
    > family, IMO.

The billboards around town make Lance Burton seem very larger-than-life, but I went when they were offering a two-for-one for locals some time ago. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the theatre was a nice size - not too big, but not cramped folding chairs like the Showgirls of Magic show. Then at one point, Lance sits down at the edge of the stage and just starts chatting with the audience - with his good ol' boy Kentucky accent! I was hooked. The majority of his show is actual magic, with lots of sleight-of-hand, and only a few big production numbers. That's the way I prefer my magic shows. I don't want to see a trick put on by the special effects team - though some kids might. At about $30 or so, this is a great show.

As for Rick Thomas, I am constantly hearing that he is the best afternoon show on the Strip. I haven't seen him, but I do know that he performs with white tigers, and that you can always find coupons for $5 off his afternoon show in the local magazines (What's On, Showbix, etc.). I think his prices are a bit lower, as well, even without the coupon.

Enjoy!
    Bettie

onetoomany

onetoomany: Rick Thomas is good

I agree that the Rick Thomas is a good show, especially at the low price. Not as good as Lance Burton, but less than half the cost. You can even get a 2for1 discounted ticket sometimes from the Tropicana "Free-Pull" slot that's outside their front door (and their upstairs entrance also).