Thread: TheDMan: Limo Comps & Tipping the Driver

TheDMan

TheDMan: Limo Comps & Tipping the Driver

quick question for those who've been down the comp road, where the hotel arranges a limo for you, whether to the airport or to a show.

how much do people tend to tip the driver? do you tend to tip both ways if round trip?

thx.

chgobjpro

chgobjpro: Re: Limo Comps & Tipping the Driver

My group tips $5 a person.

Moose

Moose: Got a limo comp from Henderson to LV..

My First And So Far Only Limo Comp.

By Moose.

One day, I went out to the Green Valley Ranch in one of my last furtive attempts to find that beautiful dealer Donna who captured my heart on my first trip...

but it seems that the taxis stop running after a certain time from Henderson

No worries, I put in some decent time on the Super Fun 21 table (back when you could, you know.. spread at that game.. before they really knew and after a couple hours of "light green" (with the odd bet of $5 on, oh say, every hand that didn't have a sizable edge they hooked me up with a limo back to the Valley.

The driver was very polite, he didn't tell me that he worked for tips until I asked halfway down the trip. Furthermore, when I told him I had plans to see a movie but I didn't know what opened this weekend, he radioed with his dispatcher who read the movie section of the newspaper to me.

For that service, I tipped the guy $20, for what amounted to a 15 minute trip. I told the limo guy that I never got a limo comp before and asked for his honest impression on whether $20 was a good tip, to which he said that it was a bit higher than standard (apparently $5 per head, as chgobjpro stated) but was certainly higher than a single person would normally give.

Maybe he was being nice to me, I dunno, but hey, the free limo was $27 cheaper than the cab ride, so a $20 seemed reasonable.

No real message, so I leave with a small bow

M.

B.

B.: $10 close $20 otherwise, ea way

If to airport, we tip $10. from close strip hotel, i.e., MGM. If pickup at airport, as driver has been waiting for flight arrival, we tip $20. We always tip $20. from Golden Nugget to strip, or airport. And yes, we tip both ways.

If Limo driver has done anything special for us, or is a favorite, we tip more.

B.