Thread: Raymanhope: Need Info on Binion's Horseshoe

Raymanhope

Raymanhope: Need Info on Binion's Horseshoe

I am a former full-time professional player who hasn't taken a hand since 1992. I live in Las Vegas and when last I was allowed to play it was usually at Binion's. But this was before Becky took over. So, what I would like to know is if they still allow green-chip counters in the single decks as long as your bet spread does not go to 1-3? I was allowed $25-$70 back in 1992 and could even split 10's without getting the boot, even though the pit bosses knew I was there and I probably played 2-3 hours per shift on 10 shifts per week. I did tip up to 20% of EV. Thoughts on current conditions???

Parker

Parker: 'Shoe

Things have not changed a great deal. Lately a lot of the single deck games have been replaced with four deck shoes, but their attitude is still pretty much the same.

Green chip level counters are tolerated as long as you don't antagonize anyone, toke the dealer occasionally, and don't get too brazen with your spread (try 1-4 or less).

Camping out for 2-3 hours per shift is not a good idea - keep your sessions to an hour or less and you should be okay.

The place has gone downhill somewhat, but the pit critters are still as sharp as you will find anywhere.

If you suddenly notice that penetration has gone to hell, it is their subtle way of letting you know that they are onto you.