Thread: BJ1945: Parker: Travelaxe reservations.

BJ1945

BJ1945: Parker: Travelaxe reservations.

I was thinking about being in Vegas from Nov 23-27. I was checking out prices on Travelaxe. Will prices get cheaper the closer I get to that date, or is it better to book now?

Parker

Parker: Travel planning

> I was thinking about being in Vegas from Nov
    > 23-27. I was checking out prices on
    > Travelaxe. Will prices get cheaper the
    > closer I get to that date, or is it better
    > to book now?

One of the few disadvantages of using online booking agencies such as those referenced by Travelaxe is that most charge a fee if a reservation is made and subsequently cancelled, even if the cancellation is many days before the travel date. However, the fee is not excessive, usually around $20.

The online agencies book blocks of rooms well in advance, so prices are not likely to change much between now and the end of November.

So, if you find a good deal at a place you like, I would suggest that you go ahead and book it.

There is a chance you might find a better deal as the date draws nearer. There is also a chance that the good deals you are looking at now may be booked up.

I usually make my plans about a month in advance.

Bettie

Bettie: Turkey Day in Vegas

> I was thinking about being in Vegas from Nov
    > 23-27. I was checking out prices on
    > Travelaxe. Will prices get cheaper the
    > closer I get to that date, or is it better
    > to book now?

Parker is right about the price of rooms through a reservation system like Travelaxe remaining the same, but I also wanted to share with you the fact that Thanksgiving is not exactly a cheap time in Vegas.

Prior to moving here, I spent the last several Turkey Days coming here, and while it didn't cost a small fortune, it wasn't cheap, either. Be prepared for a very busy week; foreigners dominate the strip this week, knowing full well that it is a US holiday and that the traffic will be down. Except, they create so much traffic that it's not down, and the rooms still somewhat costly (on the Strip, anyway).

The first Thanksgiving I spent here, I was amazed at the number of Asians and East Europeans, as I had been thinking that it would be a quiet weekend trip. BTW, for anyone making plans for dinner out on Thursday, be prepared to pay a much higher price for a buffet or to make reservations at a decent restaurant far in advance (unless you like to eat at 3:30 or 9:30).

Have a happy Turkey Day!
    Bettie

BJ1945

BJ1945: Thanks Parker and Bettie!! *NM*

learning tocount

learning tocount: Re: Turkey Day in Vegas

I was in vegas with the whole family T-day 2001. A kind of reunion and turkey day thing. We stayed at the RIO. BOok now flight prices get scairy as you get closer. Room rates do go up. Well back to turkey day. We had a blast. Its a great time to go. Made a little money too. Received great comp credits for my play. Great time for cover due to lots of ploppies digging in. Day time was better for playing; less crowded for wonging. Lots of off strip restuarants. Yolies my favorite Brazilian barbicue. Sorry T-day has fond memories for me in Vegas.