Thread: Don Schlesinger: All the "NEWS" have disappeared

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: All the "NEWS" have disappeared

My browser has stopped displaying the "NEW" designation for new posts to this site and BJ21.

I haven't changed any settings, and everything is still set to accept all cookies.

I sent a test post to the free page at BJ21, and it didn't appear as NEW.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Don

Parker

Parker: Interesting

> My browser has stopped displaying the "NEW"
    > designation for new posts to this site and BJ21.

> I haven't changed any settings, and everything is
    > still set to accept all cookies.

> I sent a test post to the free page at BJ21, and it
    > didn't appear as NEW.

> Can anyone help?

> Thanks.

> Don

It's not a problem on your end. The advantageplayer.com server is not setting cookies, or utilizing them in any way.

Not only are there no "new" tags; the message posted preferences keep reverting to the default settings after being changed, and it is necessary to re-enter the username and password in order to post a message.

I verified this by clearing all cookies from my browser, going to this site, and checking my browser settings for cookies placed - nothing. I then visited a few other websites that utilize cookies (nearly all of them) to see if my browser was accepting cookies normally, which it was. I tried several different browsers with identical results.

BJ21.com appears to be experiencing the same problem as of last night, as there is a recent thread on the admin page. This is not quite as bizarre as it may sound, as they use the same message board software as we do, albeit an older version.

As to why this started happening, I have no idea. :-(

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: Re: All the "NEWS" have disappeared

All better. I was expecting this to happen tomorrow and fix it then. Sorry about that. A day late and white chip short.

V

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: All the "NEWS" have disappeared

> All better. I was expecting this to happen tomorrow
    > and fix it then. Sorry about that. A day late and
    > white chip short.

Still no "NEW"s today.

Vik??

Don

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Aha!

THIS one said "NEW"!