Thread: Mike H: CVData index generation ?

Mike H

Mike H: CVData index generation ?

Is it possible to generate indices for different levels of penetration? I'm using an unbalanced count with a high playing efficiency in single deck. I can easily generate indices for <= 13 cards dealt. Is it possible to generate indices for when there have been more than 13 cards but less than 26 cards dealt?

Mike H

Mike H: Re: CVData index generation ?

I think I can accomplish what I'm talking about by setting the number of Burn Cards to 13. Will this work?

Now is it possible to have a playing strategy reference different indices at 2 different levels of penetration?

Thanks for any help.

Dog Hand

Dog Hand: Burning 13 cards won't work...

Mike H,

I think I can accomplish what I'm talking about by setting the number of Burn Cards to 13. Will this work?

If you burn 13 cards at SD (and, hey, let's not give Loveman any bright ideas here!), you can't consider those as 13 cards PLAYED, unless you happen to see all of them so that you can count them all. "Penetration" is "how many cards are SEEN", rather than "how many cards are in the discard rack". That's why we hate the "Harrah's cut" at DD!

Now is it possible to have a playing strategy reference different indices at 2 different levels of penetration?

Yes... a quote from the CVData help screen:

Assemble Multi-Strategy - You can create a strategy that combines other strategies and switches between those strategies by using different triggers: Penetration, current bankroll or cards in your hand. Once a Multi-Strategy has been created, use the Display Tables button to modify it.

However, you might have an easier time simply switching to a true-counted system, rather than trying to remember three or four different index numbers for each index play.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Yes

Set the Shuffle Point on the Setup page to the end of the area and set Start Card on the Indexes page to the start of the area.

Mike H

Mike H: Thanks *NM*