Thread: MJ: CVData

MJ

MJ: CVData

I just ran a test sim (50M rounds) for reverse wonging with KO-P. Since I am spreading to two hands at the KC, I had to use the Multi-tracking simulator. The ultimate goal here is to determine the ODP points for different penetration levels.

But first, I am new to this so I have some questions pertaining to the output. The rounds/hr is set to 100. For the SD/Hr and SD/100, the figures are $1,009 and $1,383 respectively. Why aren't these figures the same? In each case aren't there 100 rounds being observed?

For 'hands' played/skipped, in my case (since I jump from 1 to 2 hands), should I interpret this as 'rounds' played/skipped?

I read somewhere that the lag times post sim can be altered.
    If so, how?

I like the idea of SD/shoe, consider adding WR/shoe.

MJ

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: CVData

Click the Customize button. You can change the definition of SD on this page. That is whether it is played or observed.

Lag times cannot now be changed after a sim.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: CVData

> But first, I am new to this so I have some questions
    > pertaining to the output. The rounds/hr is set to 100.
    > For the SD/Hr and SD/100, the figures are $1,009 and
    > $1,383 respectively. Why aren't these figures the
    > same? In each case aren't there 100 rounds being
    > observed?

No. If you observe hands for an hour, you may see 100 of them, but not play all 100 of them. So, SD/Hr. means how much SD you will incur for playing one hour, during which time you will probably play fewer than 100 hands. SD/100 means SD incurred by actually playing 100 hands, which will probably take more than an hour, if you are sitting out some of the hands being played.

Make sense?

Don

MJ

MJ: Re: CVData

> No. If you observe hands for an hour, you may see 100
    > of them, but not play all 100 of them. So, SD/Hr.
    > means how much SD you will incur for playing one
    > hour, during which time you will probably play fewer
    > than 100 hands. SD/100 means SD incurred by actually
    > playing 100 hands, which will probably take more than
    > an hour, if you are sitting out some of the hands
    > being played.

Thanks, I see that. I noticed when I bump the SD/Hr up to 188 rounds then it equals the SD/100. That all makes sense based upon the 53.2% hands played.

But when I select the Hands Played setting and keep the Hands/Hr at 100, now the SD/100 drops down to $1,009 which is the same as SD/Hr. Why does the SD/100 drop down? If anything, I would expect the SD/Hr to increase. Now we are playing 100 hands in each case.

MJ

MJ

MJ: Re: CVData

> Thanks, I see that. I noticed when I bump the SD/Hr up
    > to 188 rounds then it equals the SD/100. That all
    > makes sense based upon the 53.2% hands played.

> But when I select the Hands Played setting and keep
    > the Hands/Hr at 100, now the SD/100 drops down to
    > $1,009 which is the same as SD/Hr. Why does the SD/100
    > drop down? If anything, I would expect the SD/Hr to
    > increase. Now we are playing 100 hands in each case.

One other point. When the settings are at Hands Played, the SD/Hand is $138.33. Now, if we PLAY 100 hands/hr, how can the SD/hr = $1,009? Shouldn't it equal $1383.3??

I believe the software is taking the sq rt of 53.2 hands x $138.33. But this makes no sense given that the Hands Played option is selected. We are no longer observing 100 hands and playing some of them, we are playing ALL 100 hands.

MJ