Thread: Wildcard: can't print a spreadsheet

Wildcard

Wildcard: can't print a spreadsheet

I'm using MS Works 2000.

I've created a few spreadsheets to track and analyze some data on a certain baseball card set I'm collecting. Have had no problem printing these spreadsheets. These are very generic spreadsheets, with minor formulas and perhaps not more than 250 lines of info.

Recently I created another spreadsheet, but it will not print. When I go to "print preview" only a blank page comes up. I have no clue what I've done to cause this, nor how to fix the problem so I can print this data.

Thanks for any solutions.

Regards,
    Wildcard

Jack Rabbit

Jack Rabbit: Re: can't print a spreadsheet

I have limited experience with MS Works, but I imagine the spreadsheet is similar to Excel. Make sure you are printing the sheet that has your data on it. You can tell this by looking at the bottom left side of the screen; there are tabs that list the sheet names of the current set. You may be telling the program to print sheet 2 when you want to print sheet 1.

This is a shot in the dark, but worth a try.

Wildcard

Wildcard: Re: can't print a spreadsheet

> I have limited experience with MS Works, but
    > I imagine the spreadsheet is similar to
    > Excel. Make sure you are printing the sheet
    > that has your data on it. You can tell this
    > by looking at the bottom left side of the
    > screen; there are tabs that list the sheet
    > names of the current set. You may be telling
    > the program to print sheet 2 when you want
    > to print sheet 1.

Nope, very basic info, only on sheet one. But thanks for the try.

> This is a shot in the dark, but worth a try.

Saboteur

Saboteur: Check your page breaks, margins, and headings

Does the Print Preview screen show a "Next" button? If so, your data may be available for preview on another page, if Works thinks the first page is supposed to be blank (due to improperly placed page breaks, or bogus heading and margin settings).

Just another shot in the dark.

Wildcard

Wildcard: Re: Check your page breaks, margins, and headings

> Does the Print Preview screen show a
    > "Next" button? If so, your data
    > may be available for preview on another
    > page, if Works thinks the first page is
    > supposed to be blank (due to improperly
    > placed page breaks, or bogus heading and
    > margin settings).

> Just another shot in the dark.

No go. When I click print preview, a blank screen comes up with the "zoom in" looking glass indicated. I cannot go to next page, as it is grayed out.

I really haven't got a clue, all my other spreadsheets work just fine. Thanks for the shot.

Magician

Magician: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article

> No go. When I click print preview, a blank
    > screen comes up with the "zoom in"
    > looking glass indicated. I cannot go to next
    > page, as it is grayed out.

Try this link...

Wildcard

Wildcard: Re: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article

> Try this link...

Thanks Magician, it's a little after the fact, as I've nuked the problem file and recreated what I needed from my master. I guess it always pays to keep an original somewhere.

It was really a pretty basic spreadsheet, consisting of data on my baseball card collection. I doubt it exceeded 250 rows of info. The formulas I needed to play "what if" with were also very basic, x+y/z = I was rather perplexed at how all previous spreadsheets worked perfectly.

Anyway, thanks for the time to post. My delete key works very well. :-)