Thread: AdvantageRay: CVCX Question...

AdvantageRay

AdvantageRay: CVCX Question...

Is there any way to do a sort of weighted average for type of game in order to determine RoR, bankroll, etc. I see there are many options, such as deck size, various rule combinations, and the such. But is there a way to program in say 35% at DD DAS 66% Pen, 55% 6D DAS Late Sur 75% Pen, and 10% at 6D 85% Pen?

If not, I would think this would be an excellent option for those players who tend to bounce around to various types of games in an attempt to balance risk vs return.

Thanks!

D

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Funny you should ask.

I was thinking about adding exactly what you are talking about and calling it Super-SCORE or something to that effect. I couldn't come up with an easy method for the user to specify it. Suggestions are welcome as this kind of feature can be added without changes to the simulator requiring less testing.

> Is there any way to do a sort of weighted
    > average for type of game in order to
    > determine RoR, bankroll, etc. I see there
    > are many options, such as deck size, various
    > rule combinations, and the such. But is
    > there a way to program in say 35% at DD DAS
    > 66% Pen, 55% 6D DAS Late Sur 75% Pen, and
    > 10% at 6D 85% Pen?

> If not, I would think this would be an
    > excellent option for those players who tend
    > to bounce around to various types of games
    > in an attempt to balance risk vs return.

> Thanks!

> D

AdvantageRay

AdvantageRay: hmmm...didnt think of how...

..you are supposed to figure out the how, thats why you get paid the big bucks

Actually, I have no programming experience, so I dont know if this is even feasable, but this is how I have it pictured in my mind's eye...

You set all of the rules to the game, and perhaps be able save it as a game profile which can be pulled up (similar to how you can pull up a count system). Then on the main screen, you can just open a saved game rules profile, and type in the weighted % factor in a box next to it. So perhaps it would look something like this...

Game Profile 1: DD Good Penetration 65%
    Game Profile 2: 6D Medium Penetration 25%
    Game Profile 3: 8D What the Hell were
    you thinking 10%

Of course, you could set up a list of saved game profiles just as you do with the saved count system profiles, or the user could create their own.

Again Norm, this is all in my mind's eye, I have no idea if this could even work from a programming or mathmatical standpoint. Its just nice to put an idea into the box

Thanks!

D

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Thanks

The programming is easy. Designing an interface that is the correct balance between intuitiveness and flexibility is a pain. I?ve got a couple of ideas. I?ll have a few glasses of wine and see if I still understand them.