Thread: hi: software for spanish21

hi

hi: software for spanish21

I'm looking to buy software that can analyze blackjack variations such as spanish21; things to consider include basic strategy, a few play/surrender/insurance variation.

Does such software exist commercially?

Shaggy18vw

Shaggy18vw: Re: software for spanish21

CvData by Qfit will allow the user to implement all sorts of rule variations and deck compositions. I am 99.9% sure you can replicate Spanish 21 with it.

My question for you is, why do you want to play Spanish 21?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: software for spanish21

Depends on exactly what you're looking for. CVData V3, due out shortly, allows you to define your own bonuses and side counts. It also supports oddball SP21 & SF21 rules like double down rescue, multi-card surrender and double any # of cards. It does not generate oddball strategy indexes like double if 4 or more cards. Although, I will propbably add support for simming such strategy plays.

> I'm looking to buy software that can analyze
    > blackjack variations such as spanish21;
    > things to consider include basic strategy, a
    > few play/surrender/insurance variation.

> Does such software exist commercially?

hi

hi: required features

Required features:

-sim include all the rules offered by SP21. (except redouble feature is not required.)
    -user can manually enter a playing strategy that is similar to wizard_of_odds guide
    -user can manually enter a card counting and betting strategy

Option feature
    -auto generate basic strategy
    -auto generate a few simple variation plays based on user defined true count
    (counter_part to play like 16Vs10, 11VsA, 10Vs10, insurance, surrender in normal Blackjack)

I gather from your post that CVData_V3 wiil support all the required feature? but CVData_v2 won't do the job?
    When will you release V3?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: required features

> -sim include all the rules offered by SP21.
    > (except redouble feature is not required.)

Yes

> -user can manually enter a playing strategy
    > that is similar to wizard_of_odds guide
    > -user can manually enter a card counting and
    > betting strategy

These are a bit contradictory. The Wizard's strategy makes heavy use of strategy variations based on number of cards. Indexes don't normally mesh with these. I do have a design to have both and am thinking of including this in V3. But, I don't think the value is worth the effort.

> Option feature
    > -auto generate basic strategy

This depends on your definition. Basic strategy in such a carnival game depends on how basic you want it to be. The Wizard's strategy is very strong.

> -auto generate a few simple variation plays
    > based on user defined true count
    > (counter_part to play like 16Vs10, 11VsA,
    > 10Vs10, insurance, surrender in normal
    > Blackjack)

That's no problem.

> I gather from your post that CVData_V3 wiil
    > support all the required feature? but
    > CVData_v2 won't do the job?
    > When will you release V3?

V3 is scheduled to release at the same time as Blackjack Attack 3E. Not sure exactly when that will be.

MGP

MGP: Ordering CVData V2 vs V3

Hi Norm,

> V3 is scheduled to release at the same time
    > as Blackjack Attack 3E. Not sure exactly
    > when that will be.

Just curious, if I was to order CV Data V2 today, would I get a free upgrade to CVData V3 when it comes out since it's close to release? Are upgrades always free to licensed users anyway? If not, how much would it cost to upgrade?

Thanks,
    MGP

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Ordering CVData V2 vs V3

I never decide this until the last minute. The new version of CVCX will probably be free to those that wish to download. CVData V3 is a large expansion and will probably increase in price and have a new manual and therefore also have an upgrade charge. But, the upgrade charge to CVData V2 from CVSim V1 is far less than the price difference. I keep upgrade prices low as I don't want to support old releases for too long.

> Just curious, if I was to order CV Data V2
    > today, would I get a free upgrade to CVData
    > V3 when it comes out since it's close to
    > release? Are upgrades always free to
    > licensed users anyway? If not, how much
    > would it cost to upgrade?

> Thanks,
    > MGP

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Update on meshing indexes and oddball decisions

These are a bit contradictory. The Wizard's strategy makes heavy use of strategy variations based on number of cards. Indexes don't normally mesh with these. I do have a design to have both and am thinking of including this in V3. But, I don't think the value is worth the effort.

This has been added to V3. You will be able to say DD with two cards at -1, three cards at +1, four cards at +4 etc. Same with Surrender.

Magician

Magician: Connection with Blackjack Attack 3E

> V3 is scheduled to release at the same time
    > as Blackjack Attack 3E. Not sure exactly
    > when that will be.

Is this just a marketing exercise (not that there's anything wrong with that) or is there some important connection between CVData/CVCX 3 and BA3, other than the use of the former to produce data for the latter?

I suspect the answer will be "wait and see".

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Connection with Blackjack Attack 3E

The Risk/Bankroll/Etc. calculators are reorganized and augmented to reflect new information/formulae in BJA3. Nice thing about making lots of updates is you get to rethink presentation now and again. Also, there is a new function in CVCX to replicate the new Chapter Ten charts for whatever strategy you wish.

V-Man

V-Man: Re: Update on meshing indexes and oddball decision

This is great Norm. You got me on V3. Can't wait.
    One more question:
    - Does this work for some unbalanced count in SP21 (don't know what this is yet?)