Thread: Parker: Virus alert

Parker

Parker: Virus alert

Yet another E-mail virus (actually a worm) is making the rounds. Like some of the earlier ones, this one harvests e-mail addresses from the infected computer and uses them as a return address.

So, it may appear to come from someone you know. Or, you may get bounced messages with the virus attached (not to mention angry e-mails from people who think you sent them a virus).

This one is called MyDoom-A. More info can be found at the link below.

Make sure that your anti-virus software definitions are up to date, and be doubly careful about opening any e-mail attachments.

One more reason not to run Windows.

Parker

Parker: More info

I just received one of these, and I notice that it is smaller than most earlier viruses, weighing in at only 33 KB. Still, this is larger than most e-mails, even those with extensive HTML, so this is something to watch out for.

I've been amusing myself by poking it with a stick. :-)