Thread: Ed Tice: CVData shuffle point question

Ed Tice

Ed Tice: CVData shuffle point question

I know this board isn't a public CVData support forum, but since I think that most of us use it... and not all of us are experts at it yet..

I have been entering my shuffle point as the point at where the cut card is inserted. For example in a 6D shoe game, with two decks cut off, I enter 104. But is this the correct value? After all, we don't shuffle with two decks left. On a full table, maybe the cut card comes out after the first card. Since we use a minimum of 16 cards.... more like 24 on average, in a hand and since the cut card woudl c?me out, on average, half way through the hand, we are actually using another 12 cards or so. I assume that CVData is doing the same thing and shuffling at the end of the hand. But I don't find this in any of the documentation so I just want to be sure.

Ed

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: CVData shuffle point question

Correct, it shuffles after the current round is complete. If it runs out of cards, it shuffles with one card left or no cards left according to the 'bottom card dealt' option. It then reshuffles after the round.

> I know this board isn't a public CVData
    > support forum, but since I think that most
    > of us use it... and not all of us are
    > experts at it yet..

> I have been entering my shuffle point as the
    > point at where the cut card is inserted. For
    > example in a 6D shoe game, with two decks
    > cut off, I enter 104. But is this the
    > correct value? After all, we don't shuffle
    > with two decks left. On a full table, maybe
    > the cut card comes out after the first card.
    > Since we use a minimum of 16 cards.... more
    > like 24 on average, in a hand and since the
    > cut card woudl c?me out, on average, half
    > way through the hand, we are actually using
    > another 12 cards or so. I assume that CVData
    > is doing the same thing and shuffling at the
    > end of the hand. But I don't find this in
    > any of the documentation so I just want to
    > be sure.

> Ed