Thread: Shawn: where to find the card counting theory

Shawn

Shawn: where to find the card counting theory

In GameMaster's BJ school on card counting, he mentioned:
    If one could play at a single-deck game with 100% accuracy and the dealer routinely dealt out half the cards, a strategy gain of about 0.95% could be effected at that point.

And it seems the playing efficiency of any counting systems is a fraction of this number.

My question is how does this ".95%" been calculated? I've read the links on bjmath.com but I don't see such calculation. Could anyone tell me where to find this information?

The GameMaster

The GameMaster: Re: where to find the card counting theory

> My question is how does this
    > ".95%" been calculated? I've read
    > the links on bjmath.com but I don't see such
    > calculation. Could anyone tell me where to
    > find this information?

That number (actually 0.97%) is from Griffin's masterwork, "The Theory of Blackjack" (1979) and is covered in Chapter 3. I would imagine that the math backing it up can be found in the appendix for the chapter.

GM