Thread: Adam N. Subtractum: BJ 6-7-8 vs. Smartcards

Adam N. Subtractum

Adam N. Subtractum: BJ 6-7-8 vs. Smartcards

After doing a little more research I've narrowed it down to these two programs. Any input comparing the two would be greatly appreciated.

ANS

Joe Miner

Joe Miner: Re-read the threads below.

Parker has described the various programs very well in the posts below. You should re-read them. All the programs do something a little different. It all depends on what you want.

I have Smart Cards in addition to most of the other stuff, except 6-7-8. I do not know anything about 6-7-8. I use Smart Cards to practice counting, estimating the number of decks reaming to be played by looking at the discard tray, and converting RC to TC.

Parker

Parker: Re: BJ 6-7-8 vs. Smartcards

> After doing a little more research I've
    > narrowed it down to these two programs. Any
    > input comparing the two would be greatly
    > appreciated.

I have no experience with Smartcards, so I cannot compare the two, although Smartcards has an excellent reputation. However, I do not believe that it includes a simulator. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Joe Miner

Joe Miner: Smartcards does not include a simulator. *NM*

Mister M

Mister M: Re: BJ 6-7-8 vs. Smartcards

I strongly recommend CVBJ and SBA.Both developers are 100% professional and suggest that you download the demos first.
    I haven"t had SBA for very long so if anyone has any tips on how to create acurate sd and e/v rates it would be appreciated as on my sims it only shows an advantage at TC of +4!!
    I am doing something very wrong!!

Steephen

Steephen: Re: BJ 6-7-8 vs. Smartcards

> After doing a little more research I've
    > narrowed it down to these two programs. Any
    > input comparing the two would be greatly
    > appreciated.

> Dear Adam,

Might I recommend you making your own flash cards. I have found a way to make them that is handy and very smart looking. trace out the playing card of your choice and cut it out (typing paper is good). write the imformation that you want to memorize on one side and the answer on the other colored ink of your choice.
    Scotch makes a "Super Clear" label protection tape than looks really nice on the white paper and colored ink. The Cards you make look sealed and pretty nice for Almost free. the added bonus is that you already will know some of the cards just from sitting down and making them, I have several friends that I showed them too. If you have a color printer you could even make them look professional.