Thread: Titaniumman: (Message Deleted by Poster)

Titaniumman

Titaniumman: (Message Deleted by Poster)

Parker

Parker: Cookie problem?

> I go to each of the pages, and the
    > appropriate posts have New tags. I read one
    > of the posts, return to index, and several
    > of the old posts have new tags. On Don's
    > Domain, 50 posts get new tags when I do
    > this! When I leave the page and return, the
    > tags are correct again, but if I read one of
    > the posts, it starts all over again.

Sounds like a cookie problem, since the both sites (open forums and "Don's Domain") seem to be working fine for me.

Are you running MSIE 6.0, or have you upgraded recently? The default security settings keep it from accepting cookies at some bj websites. There is a post on correcting this in the archives at bj21.com.

Titaniumman

Titaniumman: (Message Deleted by Poster)

Parker

Parker: Good

> No to both questions. It did this
    > consistently for several hours only on RGE,
    > but it seems to be fine now.

> The Titaniummobile is doing something
    > electrically strange today, too. I'm about
    > to start blaming sunspots! :-)

> Thanks for trying to help.

Glad to hear it's working okay. Always remember the First Rule of Windows: "If it's doing anything weird, re-boot." Much of the time that alone will correct the problem.

scobee 1

scobee 1: Re: Good

Wow, between ghosts in the machine and viruses in the mailbox, it is a wonder any work ever comes out of those Wintel boxes at all!

(Another satisfied Mac user gloats from the sidelines of 'normal windows standard deviation.' )

Unfortunately we have problems of our own...like incompatibilities with web features and no desirable BJ software.

I did appreciate your 'radical cure advice' for those who wish to protect themselves from e-mail infestations... :-)