Thread: Artguy: Leaving Reno

Artguy

Artguy: Leaving Reno

I have another 10 days of play in Reno and surrounds before splitting for the heartland and real work. This is my take on the play here. The only 2dk games worth looking at are at the Silver legacy, El Dorado, and Golden Phoenix. They deal to P70 and better with D2, H17 and NDas. Are two 1dk games worth looking at with D9,10,11 at Sundowner (best pen), Sands and Bonanza (outside of town with very relaxed pit.

Sparks really seems to have the best games with D2, NDas H17. I personally like Rail City and get headsup until about 7:30 Am during the week.
    (Also geat breakfast for $3.18 sans coffee) The Alamo which has the best numbers was the hardest to play with lots of drivers coming in on my game at 6:30 AM. I lost and left early on.

The pen on the Sparks games is consistently bad, 50-60%. not the 75% as advertised in trackjack.
    So far my low-rolling 1-6 spread idiot act is conducive to a lot of laughs and unconcerned pit-animals. I met a dealer today who used to play on a team. I inquired and he said it was Ken Huston's team. They had a couple of big hits in his time. Interesting! Now he just deals.

double bonus randy

double bonus randy: Re: Leaving Reno

peppermill single deck double any first two dealer hits soft 17 rule of 7 pen, think atlantis has same

Artguy

Artguy: Re: Leaving Reno

I stopped by the Atlantis and found some changes. They have eliminated the 6dks in favor of csm 5dkers. They have also eliminated all the 2 dk games. They have two different kinds of 1dk games available, games which have D10,11 and games which have DA2. I won on the D10,11 and lost on the DA2 (figures). Most notable is the excellent pen they give...up to 70% by the time the last card comes out.

I wasn't able to get by the Peppermill so can't report on anything there, other than what a former dealer told me about their insistence that everyone play on the card.