Thread: brandnewtobj: Tournament qualifier

brandnewtobj

brandnewtobj: Tournament qualifier

I tried to qualify for that BJ tournament in AC. It was a little difficult. To qualify they give you 10,000 in play chips, you play 10 hands against the dealer, and the top 2 scores each day qualify for the tournament. When I got to the table the top score was 410,000. I had no choice but to bet like a madman. I put half in and lost the hand. The other half in, lost, and it was bye, bye in a matter of seconds.

It is pretty amazing that one could turn 10,000 into 410,000 in 10 hands. Of course, it requires a great deal of luck and guts.

The day was not a total loss though, I had to get a players card to try out for the tournament and I ended up playing about 2 hours of blackjack and walked away with a $90 win and I also earned some comps.

Sun Runner

Sun Runner: Re: Tournament qualifier

> Of course, it requires a great deal of luck and guts.

Turning 10K into 410K in 10 hands is pure luck.

(I'm guessing there is no maximum bet limit.)

The only guts required is not dividing your stack in half and making two small bets .. but pushing it all in, continually from hand one, until you double up about 3, 4, or 5 times in a row. If you get lucky, take a look at the leader board along the way and decide if one more max bets will be needed to place. If not, bet out with the minimum while not doubling or splitting.

Good luck.