Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sonny: Calculating TC to decimal points

Francis Salmon

Francis Salmon: +5 is even worse

That means you wouldn't split 10/10v6 with a TC of +4.9, but here splitting is by 1.7% better than standing.With a $200 bet this is already $3.40 that you miss in this situation alone.

Francis Salmon

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: +5 is even worse

> That means you wouldn't split 10/10v6 with a
    > TC of +4.9, but here splitting is by 1.7%
    > better than standing.With a $200 bet this is
    > already $3.40 that you miss in this
    > situation alone.

Oh my gosh! Now the play is worth a whopping 6.8 cents an hour for the multi-black-chip player! Let's all rush out and learn the decimals. :-)

Don

Francis Salmon

Francis Salmon: Re: +5 is even worse

> Oh my gosh! Now the play is worth a whopping
    > 6.8 cents an hour for the multi-black-chip
    > player! Let's all rush out and learn the
    > decimals. :-)

There is a saying that goes:
    "He who doesn't honour the penny isn't worth the pound."

Francis Salmon

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Great post

I played with typical deck CA index generation several years ago. Speed yes accuracy no. But, I never did this level of investigation.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: To be precise

How something mathemathicaly exact, could not be more precise than simulation?

First, no one argues that higher levels of accuracy theoretically improves EV. Only that it is essentially worthless, even assuming that it is error free. Secondly, Salmon's calculations are less accurate then simulation because he uses an invalid method. Simulation can certainly create indexes with one decimal accuracy. CA cannot take into account the cut card effect. And his method isn't even accurate combinatorial analysis as he uses a short-cut based on an invalid assumption.

Francis Salmon

Francis Salmon: How do you know me?

Thanks for the support! Are you a chessplayer? Can you give me a subtle hint who you are?
    Just curious.

Francis Salmon

Cacarulo

Cacarulo: Re: Great post

> I played with typical deck CA index
    > generation several years ago. Speed yes
    > accuracy no. But, I never did this level of
    > investigation.

As you know, the goal is to get accurate indices for any systems' conditions. Speed shouldn't be the goal unless you wanted to offer an internet service specifically designed for this purpose. Why would you need speed appart from that?

Sincerely,
    Cac

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345